𝟮𝟬 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗲𝘀𝘂𝗹𝘁

┅ ┅ ┅

┅ ┅ ┅

Naomi watched a group playing beach volleyball as she sat underneath an umbrella.
They had split up the third-years from the volleyball team, claiming that having them together, especially Oikawa and Iwaizumi was unfair.

Naomi had found out that the beach was not her thing, especially since she already burned easily on regular sunny days.
Her eyes couldn't tear away from the game, Iwaizumi's back muscles in full view.
She wanted to be over there, near him, place her hands upon his skin. Oikawa wasn't any less of a distraction, but her eyes always made their way back to Iwaizumi.

He came over when the next game started, making Naomi look down at the ground, her face growing up with a blush.
"Itsu," he called, sitting beside her, "you sure you don't wanna come out from under here?"
"I'm alright," she quickly said, hoping he'd leave. The strain in her neck was hurting.
He was silent as his hand drifted up her back, making her head jerk up.
"Iwaizumi!"
He wrapped his arm around her bare skin, coming closer.
"You look beautiful," he whispered, the large crashes of the ocean and constant shouting of other teenagers making him hard to hear.

She felt breathless as she looked at him, his tanned skin darkened by the shade they hid under.
"You should go be with your friends."
"But I wanna be with you," he grinned, kissing her shoulders which were patched with freckles. "I like you the most."
She looked at his lips. "I-uh-"
Iwaizumi took a glance around before pressing his lips to hers. She embraced it, holding onto his chin.
"Hajime," she mumbled against his lips, making him even more heated. His given name spoken by her was always enough.
"Mmh?"
"Do you want me to come see you tonight?"

His smile grew wide as he quickly grabbed her by the waist, bringing her into a hug.
"Of course," he growled into her ear, "just make sure everyone's asleep, okay?"
She nodded, her face becoming sun-kissed as she pulled him out into the sun.
"Let's go!" She cheered, running towards the ocean.
Iwaizumi followed her, the waves crashing against their bodies and the sand sinking under their feet.

She splashed him, running away every time he got close.
"Come back here!" He laughed, adoring her hair which looked golden brown in the rays of the sun.
He adored the way she laughed and the way she giggled every time he splashed her back.
Moving out further into the sea, they began to swim after each other and he was finally able to wrap his arms around her and hold her close.

"You're so cute," he mumbled, kissing her salty skin as their legs tied around each other.
"Iwaizumi!" She giggled uncontrollably as his hands tickled her stomach.
"You've made me so happy," he told her, Naomi's head resting back against his chest. "Very happy."
Her weak smile as a result of the nausea she continued to feel.
Naomi began to cry, her tears falling into the ocean.
"You make me happy too," she noticed her own revelation.
"I feel so embarrassed for all the wasted years."
She placed her hand to his cheek.
"Well, at least we're together now."

Naomi didn't even know what a lie was anymore. She didn't even know what the truth was.
All she knew was that she felt sick with every confession she made.
"Oikawa seems to be looking for us," he said into her ear, pointing to their friend onshore, "should we head back?"
"No," she hummed, "let's just stay like this for a little while longer."

════════════════

Naomi sat in Iwaizumi's lap as they sat atop the roof, their classmates below them at the beach.
It had turned nighttime and they were given a couple of hours to roam in the dark.
Riko climbed up with Oikawa behind her, even though she had been very reluctant to go up first.
She placed a lantern at her feet before sitting down beside the couple.
"It was so hot today," she complained, taking off her shoes and setting them beside her.
"You girls should go out more," Oikawa shrugged, placing himself closely beside Riko, their hands barely touching.

"I get out plenty," Riko confidently said, "I can't speak for this girl though."
Naomi rolled her eyes, holding Iwaizumi's arms around her.
"I will burn to a crisp if I'm out too long!"
"Excuses," Riko teased.
The four friends, who had been together for so long, dangled their legs off the roof while looking up at the bright sky.
The beach was pitch black and you could only see the flashlights of students who explored around.

"I love you guys," Naomi mumbled, making the group groan.
"No!" Riko cried, covering her eyes, "don't be sentimental!"
"We've been together so long!" She continued, mostly just trying to get them all to yell at her.
"Don't do this, Naomi-Chan!" Oikawa pointed, "we've still got plenty of time!"
"Then we graduate and go our separate ways-"
"Stop, stop!" Riko covered her ears, falling back against Oikawa who placed his hands over hers.
"You're killing her, Naomi-Chan!"

Iwaizumi covered her mouth.
"Love, I don't think we wanna think about that right now."
Returning back to silence, they listened to the flicker of the lantern and the muffled chatter of those below.
Iwaizumi closed his eyes, lifting his head to enjoy the emollient breeze. Riko had closed her eyes as well, playing with her hair while she lied in Oikawa's lap.

Oikawa and Naomi met eyes, the flicker of the fire casting a shadow over them. Oikawa's hair looked soft and warm, capturing their light.
The tension in their gaze was thick, stuck, and locked in place.
The air was still warm, smelling of salt and sand.
Oikawa carefully lifted his hand, holding it out.

His hand had callouses, but his skin still looked soft.
"Naomi," he mouthed her name, rubbing his thumb over his pointer as if to suggest.
She could feel Iwaizumi's breathing against her back and his muscular arm that still gripped onto her torso.
Naomi couldn't remember any moment where Oikawa looked at her like this, nor a moment where he was so secret about their exchanges.
He kept a close eye on Riko who looked to be asleep and his own friend who was still enjoying the wind.

Naomi didn't know how her plan worked, but it did. Her equation was correct.
Her dumb little concept became reality.
Naomi gently lifted her arm, placing her thin fingers on his.
They laced between each other, the warm and the musty feel of the heat on their skin made her shiver.
Their hands didn't fit well together.

She mouthed his name, "Tōru."