𝟳 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗲𝗮𝗺

┅ ┅ ┅

┅ ┅ ┅

The following Tuesday was the day Naomi could finally start watching the practices again.
She sometimes hated that they had Mondays off. She never had anything to do after-school. Now she had two reasons to attend practices, being to watch her crush and walk home with her boyfriend.

Things had gone a little different from Iwaizumi asking her to come downstairs instead of waiting outside by the club room.
"Just so make sure Trashykawa doesn't embarrass me later on, I wanted to introduce you to my teammates."
Naomi smiled shyly.
"Oh, are you sure? I mean, do I have to?"
"Are you nervous?" He poked her cheek and she pushed his hand away.
"Nervous, Nah! Do we have to now though?"
Iwaizumi shook his head with a smirk and lead her over to the group of third years who were conversing around water bottles.
She recognized some of the boys, having gone to school with them already. Some first years were standing off to the side, seemingly debating whether to join their upperclassmen or not.

"Okay, here she is. This is Itsuwaru Naomi. You remember her don't you?"
"Of course I do. I'm not as forgetful as Oikawa-San," Mattsun noted, "I can't forget about her when you talk about her daily."
Naomi felt herself blushing already.
"Way to call me out," Iwaizumi grumbled.
"I think we had classes together last year," Makki observed, "you almost fell out a window during break."
"Yeah, that was me."
Iwaizumi hit his friend softly in the arm.
"Naomi-Chan is hard to forget!" Oikawa smiled, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. She felt herself stiffen.

"Yeah, that's why whenever she comes up in conversation, you always have to ask who she is again," Makki laughed.
"I'm not good with names!"
"But you can remember-"
"Shhh shhh. Nows not the time for your little jokes!"

"You usually watched our practices, didn't you?" Mattsun asked, "I think I remember seeing you upstairs from time to time."
"Yeah, I typically watch."
Oikawa rubbed his finger into her cheek.
"Aww you love watching our Iwa-Chan from above, don't you? Must admit there's a lot to see!"
"Stop talking like that!" Iwaizumi shouted, "and stop touching her, she obviously doesn't like it."
"But it's so cute! She's been watching you for years and you two just now found out you like each other!"

Oikawa leaned his face in closer.
"If I'm being honest though, Iwa-Chan has probably been watching you a lot more than you think."
Iwaizumi used his palm to secure his hand around Oikawa's face and pushed him away from her body.
"Stop being gross," Iwaizumi told him, holding the top of his head with a strong grip.
"I'm not being gross! I'm the cleanest person here!"
Iwaizumi pushed himself off and stood beside Naomi to protect her from any more of his friend's stunts.

"Have you ever played volleyball?" Mattsun asked. Oikawa tried to jump back into the conversation.
"N-no, I j-just like watching."
"Don't you know the rules?" Oikawa asked, lifting up his body slightly by using Makki's shoulders as leverage.
"Yeah, I guess I do."
"Iwa-Chan!"
"What?"
"She could be our manager!"
"What? No."

Naomi shifted her eyes between the boys.
"Why not?!"
"She doesn't need to be around your dumbass that long."
"But we need a manager and it means you'll see her more often!"
"I have a feeling it's not Iwaizumi-San who's worried about seeing her," Makki joked. It was a joke that went unappreciated.

"If she already comes to our practices and stays until we leave then why not? It's like she's already apart of the team!"
"No."
"Iwa-Chan! She can watch our games up close! She can get an even better view of your-"
"No."
"Iwaizumi-Kun," Naomi wrapped her hands around his arm, her gentle fingers felt his muscles.
"I wouldn't mind being a manager. I get to hang out with you more instead of just being someone on the sidelines."

Iwaizumi made a rather embarrassed face as he looked down at her begging eyes. He found her cute and denying her was hard.
Naomi had been ecstatic that Oikawa had suggested that she become apart of their team. Perhaps he's already started to notice me?

Mattsun and Makki quietly giggled to each other as they watched their ace player become a melt from Naomi's grip.
"I-I guess. I-guess you can."
Naomi smiled and squeezed his arm.
"Good! I'd love to."
"Let's tell coach before he leaves!" Oikawa clapped his hands like a child.

Naomi had been accepted to be their manager with some encouraging words from their coach.
She was doing this to get even more opportunities with Oikawa, why else?
It's like they were setting up everything perfectly for her. She couldn't have more happy to join.

"The first years are really good this year. They're not to outgoing but they'll probably open up to you eventually." Iwaizumi and Naomi were on their walk to her home. The dark night was rather quiet. Naomi found herself liking his voice taking up the empty air around them.
"We don't have my second years, but they're good too. You already know the rest of the third years, so that's good at least."
"Yeah, it is."
"Oikawa is probably going to be an earful though. Not to mention that when we go to tournaments, girls always swarm him. Our games are typically full just because people go to watch him."
"Yeah, I've noticed."
"I'm sure you were the only girl upstairs who wasn't there for him."
"Yeah, funny."

Naomi opened up the front gate and turned to say goodnight. She was tempted to maybe hug him or give him a peck on the cheek. What do couples normally do to say goodnight?
While she was thinking, Iwaizumi had taken her hand in his and used his other to gingerly hold her face.

"Can I request something of you?"
"W-What would that be?"
"Don't let Oikawa be touchy with you."
"S-Sorry?"
"Today, I didn't like his hands all over you. He tends to be that way, but with you and me together..."
He leaned in closer and lowered his voice. His voice with crisp.

"I don't want him thinking he can have you."