34| Her Unachievable Dreams

Wahaj's POV

I always thought it was creepy to stare at someone when they were sleeping.

If I woke up to someone staring at me, I'd probably freak out. But that early morning, I found myself unable to pry my eyes away from the sleeping form on my bed.

A smile played on my lips.

"Hi." The Professor's voice was barely audible. "You're here." The Professor stated gruffly. He seemed to be trapped in-between reality and dreamland.

"No, I'm not. You're just dreaming." I joked.

"What happened with Mrs Chamberlain ?" He asked curiously.

I shrugged not being able to restate to him what she told me, "Nothing, She just wanted to tell me what you already did" I lied through my teeth.

"It is uncanny for Mrs chamberlain to give up like this, but it is a beneficial for you in the long term  I think it is much better for you," He rested on the board of the bed.

"Maybe," I was not convinced by his words, but I agreed to them. There was a contract not written but known that when I decided to this, I chose to live without my dreams.

"Are you okay ?" He softly spoke.

I nodded, "I am okay, stop asking" I answered harshly.

"You hadn't cried once since your break down when I told you," He said, "It isn't good for you to keep your emotions bottled up,"

Should I tell him that if I didn't have my emotions bottled up, I would be crying every single day? Should I tell him, my father, abandoning me when I was five, my grandmother abandoning me now has taken a toll on my life. My brain quitting on me after twenty-one years. Kerem leaving me and going back to his ex-wife? Should I tell him that him abandoning me would break me without ever being able to glue myself back together? that is why I will endure eveything and anything. 

I gave him a shorter answer, "Crying is overrated, don't you think so ?" I started with a smile, keeping my promise to cry to my creator a commitment between us.

His modulated voice began to soothe my ears, "Studies have shown that while the eyes of all mammals are moistened and relieved by tears, only human beings shed tears in response to emotional stress." It seemed that he was giving me a lecture as he finished with, "There was a theory that tears help to relieve stress by ridding the body of potentially harmful stress-induced chemicals."

"I think professor Lee had already taught you this stuff?" He wondered.

"I am not a med student anymore. I don't have to know this stuff, anymore." I spoke with a gruff voice. "You are the doctor, you are the one that is going to know all these stuff and teach them to the kid later," I roughly answered as I tried to get out of the bed.