53| Their Downfall

Wahaj's POV 

"Ibrahim,"

I uttered as the federal agents and police officers came in while I was on the podium claiming everyone's attention as I finished my presentation, and I was waiting for his comment.

He gazes at me while they out the cuffs on him, "I was wrong," He smirks, "I was in the wrong Dory, you will become a brilliant doctor, I am sorry to make you doubt that once upon a time."

The verification I desired for more than five years came from the only mouth I needed it to, and he knew it. Even if I didn't want to admit to myself or to him. I desired his approval over my work. Although he strips me from hearing my name from his mouth and how he played with it in a fascinating way, I smile at him. The proud smirk seemed not to fade away from his lips. He spoke once more as I was unable to see his eyes from the amount of hair on his face. "Take care of them for me," His emotionless mask was back up as he lowered his face, his eyes became dark. 

The once pulled off was once newly pulled up, but this time it seemed that I was the one who put it back on him. He seemed to put it up repeatedly to make me breathe once more as I felt the breath not being able to pass through my lungs from all the stares and the whispers that filled the packed room.

The fear he once didn't want me to experience I was now experiencing.

It must be fitting that this started in a lecture room, and it ceases in a lecture room as I stared at them, taking the professor away.

After he left, I couldn't sustain myself and went immediately to the children ward. I sow Layan and Lila standing by the window, peaking through the closed blinds, and watching the police car as they took pictures in their little cameras. I hold both their arms firmly in my grasp so they would move from the windows. The sounds of the sirens always intrigued them, so I knew they would be beside the windows and I knew Layan wanted to document it for him.

I also know that if they saw their father, they won't be able to resent not running after him. My entire body vibrates with the need to run - though I'm not sure in which direction. I'm anxious and terrified all at once.

When I move them from the windows,  Lila clutched tightly into her camera as I helped her back into her bed. "Where is Baba ?" Layan asks curiously, looking behind me.

She seemed to comprehend what the nurses, the news, the visitors in the children ward were talking about for a month now. She seemed to know, or she recognised that for the first time since she met her father, he and I didn't walk into the room together.

My eyes fell, not wanting to meet her intense green once that reminded me so much of his, "I want Baba," She shouted loudly.

Her small roar seemed to take me away from that moment as I covered my ears with both of my hands so vigorously. 

********