42| Her Beautiful Bastard

Wahaj's POV

The next few days, Lila's condition grew more critical. Its seems that the prescription given to her wasn't the right dosage. Needless to say, my mood was rather shitty by the time I arrived at the conference room to meet Alexander and the professor so we could discuss the research paper further and the resources provided to us by the medical staff in the children's hospital.

Then again, I'm always much more sombre when I leave my children behind. I am leaving my daughters for another Sunday morning as I endure my time with the professor. My only solace is that I know it won't be for much longer and that I'm leaving them in good hands. My father loves them immensely, and they love him. The nurses are equipped to handle any medical difficulties that could acquire.

"But you're my Mama. No one takes care of me the way you do."

I hear Lila's sweet words in my mind as I arrive at the conference room. I feel her small arms around my neck as I lay beside her in the hospital bed after a rough night a few hours ago and said goodbye. I close my eyes and see her emerald eyes smiling up at me, sparkling like glittering gems through the pain.

Abruptly, the face around the eyes transforms, morphs into more substantial features; a square jaw displays a demanding intensity my daughter doesn't yet possess. I see him behind the glass window.

My nostrils flare because it's his fault I had to cut short my time with my daughter, his fault I'll be missing her.

Usually, I would've stayed with her on Sundays. But thanks to Professor's need for a Sunday meeting to discuss. "Scholarly Projects Program ground rules." I had to come to the meeting.

I went inside the conference room. Despite my inner efforts, even though I know I earned my spot, my heart still races in my chest. The Professor's opinion still mattered to me, yet I didn't really require it.

The conference room was tiny in comparison to the lecture room. As I walk in, I pass a brown-haired, blue-eyed lean build figure sitting at the opposite side of the conference table. He looks up at me with a grin; I felt at peace as I sow Alexander's simper.

But then my eyes meet a pair of green ones, and my peace escapes me.

Yilmaz is in the middle of saying something to Alexander, but his eyes remain on me. His words seem to halt mid-stream for a second, yet his features stay relaxed and controlled. Alexander turns and sees me, and then both men look at me as I enter.

"Wahaj," Alexander grins.

"Ms Muhammad," He smiles, "it's great to see you again."

"It's great to see you too, Professor."

He looks freaking impeccable, this beautiful bastard. The custom suit shows off strong, broad shoulders that narrow into a lean, ex-military torso. His copper hair once again takes me by surprise due to its length. The rest of him is tailored to perfection, all but his hair... with no direction, it gives him an air of youth and carelessness. His tie is striped in emerald, bringing out his eyes and they're so much like Lila's that my chest tightens.