43| His Secret

"I want the final word on the article, Ms Muhammad, or there will be no study, and you can join the other students in receiving an exam."

Wahaj's POV

"Fine by me," I said as we glare at each other while out of my boundary, I see Alexander still watching, seemingly bemused. I angle myself towards him, completely dismissing Professor from our conversation.

"I've been in contact with Professor lee. If I act right away, She's promised to clear me for a program with her in my senior year."

"How's her schedule?" Alexander asks.

"Tight, but She would love to work with me. She'll squeeze us in. For now, we can focus on our studies while later we will continue this-"

"At least a courtesy copy," Professor hisses lowly, "before my colleges review the article, so I can know what to expect."

Slowly, I angle my body so that I'm once again facing Professor. "A courtesy copy," I repeat, holding his steady gaze. After a few seconds, I offer him a weary grin and nod. "I believe we can provide a courtesy copy, Professor so that you'll know what to expect."

He keeps his hypnotizing eyes on me, a slow smirk lifting at one corner of his mouth. I have to look away quickly when he looks at me that way.

"Then I believe we've worked out all the ground rules."

****

Once that meeting is done, we discuss a few logistics for the following day.

Alexander abruptly pulls out his mobile. "Shit, it's later than I thought. I've got to get going. I'm flying to London in a few hours."

He stands quickly and does up the last two buttons to his suit jacket.

"Wahaj, may I speak with you for a couple of minutes?"

"Of course, Alexander." I excuse myself and walk a few feet with him, to an area where we're still within Yilmaz's view, but not his hearing range since we closed the door of the conference room.

"You handled the Professor very well. He can be very...demanding."

"He's an arrogant prick, but yes, I'm sure I can handle him."

Alexander chuckles. "Have you spoken to Professor Lee ?"

"Yes, actually, I have."

He jerks his head back and snorts, quietly impressed yet at the same time; I can tell by his grin that he's not surprised. He knows me - at least, this part of me.