58| Her Graduation Day

A/N - This is the Final Chapter.

Hope you are ready...

Wahaj's POV 

My heart ached every time I thought of her, every time I unconsciously mentioned her name, every time I look into Layan and Ibrahim, and today wasn't any different. I looked for Period—the end.

The time I would move on, a fix, a solution to my heartache. There was non I will grieve and for how long I will grieve. There is no glue for my broken heart, no exile for my pain, no going back in time.

"Salam Alaikum doctor gorgeous," Ibrahim teased.

I breathe, "Did she ate, is she happy, right now, does she miss me as much as I miss her ?" I asked him as soon as I saw his face that in a matter of a few years all my defences laid down for him. "Do you think this is my punishment for what I did to you for going against my instinct and going for revenge, do you think that how I get punished ?"

"Stop this, Wahaj" He shut his eyes tightly, his chest heaves he seems to be as broken as I was, but he hid it well, "Inshallah our daughter is in Jannah. No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress would befall her. She is happier than we could ever be Wahaj." He softly smile toward me, as he quickly touches his eyes to remove the tear that was placed on his face.

His voice became steady again, "Come on, go get ready, the whole family is waiting downstairs." He orders.

"I am not going," I respond.

He quirks an eyebrow. "Why not? After all these years, after all these trials, for this certificate that you worked so damned hard for." I walk from where I stood as I went toward him and pushed him out of the room as I locked that door.

"Dammit, Wahaj, open this door." He spoke, "Please," He begs.

My throat is as dry as a dessert, but I found the words, "Ibrahim, please don't push this. take Layan for icecream or something but leave me here."

He huffs and leans on the door, hissing. "Fine," His voice seemed to give up.

"Mama," A voice spoke through the door, and I could swear that I heard Lila as I rushed to open the door.

My expression softens, "L-layan," I hissed.

She nods. "Make her proud,"

With those simple words, my heart seemed to pound in my chest a little louder as I gaze toward Ibrahim, "Sorry, I had to bring the big guns," He looks at me unapologetically.

"You're so mean," I grumbled as I stare into his sights.

He smiled and handed me a picture taken from Lila's camera, and it was her with her kind smile and a hand gesture of a thumbs up posing in front of my figure behind her as I wore my lab coat to go to the hospital as my mouth was shoved with food. "Make her proud," He murmured.