55| Study Him

Wahaj's POV

Three weeks have passed since Ibrahim's release from prison. Nothing between us changed. He was still their father, I couldn't deny him that. I couldn't deny them. 

"Careful, careful, careful," I repeated over and over to Lila.

"I am careful," Lila insisted as she climbed into the newest swinging contraption that Ibrahim had been installed in the back yard of the mansion. Where Lila and Layan saw a brand new toy, I saw a swinging death trap.

"OOOh," Lila called as she almost slipped off the tyre-shaped disk.

"Ibrahim," I yelled unconsciously as I closed my eyes when I felt Lila about to fall down. I felt as though my heart had stopped for a moment.

Even though Lila didn't fall down and Ibrahim wasn't near me to hear it. Something registered in my mind that told me to call him. What was that?  

 I didn't like it, but at the same time, it gave me warmness.

For the last several weeks, We had started off as just friends, and most of the activities we did together involved Layan and Lila in some way. Whether we were taking Layan and Lila to the movies, the hospital, shopping mall or just hanging out at Yilmaz's Mansion, it was strictly platonic between us.

"Can you push me, Mama?" Lila asked me after she'd been seated in the deepest part of the swing.

Even though I hated it, I obliged and began to push Lila gently on the swing.

"Higher!" Lila said. "Why won't you push me higher?"

"Because I don't really want grey hairs, and I really don't need you falling off."

Lila  just laughed in response. "You're funny."

As usual, Lila and I hanged out in the backyard while Layan went off to wherever her father was. He bought her a new expensive camera after he noticed how passionate she was and all she was doing was taking photos of him. His ego was over the roof as if he need it and I couldn't stop laughing at the posses Layan made her father do.

"Wahaj?" a voice called from behind me.

The look in his eyes needed no words, After giving me a moment to stop Lila from swinging, Ibrahim instructed Lila and Layan to play inside the house. While he wanted to talk.

*********

You still love him. That's why you're giving him another chance.

My aunt voice lingered in my mind when I saw his face in front of mine. I didn't know what love was but him. He was a past memory that I wished had a happy ending. 

"Wahaj do you want a divorce ?" The sadness in his voice manifested as asked straight away as a frown I couldn't control appeared on my face.

"Yes," I responded as my pride didn't let me say anything else, but he did, "Do you really? Can't you give me another chance."