46| Her Truth

Wahaj's POV

"You never miscarried," He said, standing there holding a briefcase tightly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Do you take me for a fool, Wahaj?" Ibrahim replied, "Did you honestly think I would not find out?"

"I...I..." I stammered not sure what to say. He moved past me and into the apartment.

"I assume he is sleeping," He said, looking around.

"Why are you so sure it is a he from when I was pregnant?" I asked after all these years as this was the only question that may keep my voice down.

"Are you sure you were the one who wrote the paper about gene manipulation because if you were, you would now that we could decide the gender of the embryo(s), and I decided on a boy(s)"

I smiled widely at his confession, "I knew you were a liar,"

"Lila is snooring loudly," A voice came from the room beside the living room.

Silence.

We both looked over to find Layan standing there, "go inside, I will come in a second," I spoke after the long silence.

I looked over at the professor who seemed to smile at the young girl without meaning to as he catches himself and spoke emotionless, he didn't seem catch on, "Probably best that we speak later," He said before handing me the briefcase that he held tightly.

"I didn't know you had him(them) if I did, I would have been there," He spoke.

Still refering to an embryo(s) of a boy. He still didn't see her, he still didn't see what I sow, he didn't see how they resembled him. 

"After everything ?"

He nodded before he left as his last words were, "I will see you in the restaurant beside the hospital tomorrow at three,"

*****

I looked over at the briefcase he left after I took the girls to my rented car. It contained information but not like before it wasn't about adult me but younger me. It included a scene that I always remember in my dreams.

*FLASHBACK *

We were in a basement, a mostly empty place covered in blood, A huge man who was stapped in the chest was there.

I climbed into the bed, wrapping my arms around him. He leaned into me, hugging me softly. "I love you, my shining light."

"I love you too," I said softly as best as I could for a five-years-old.