xix. You don't like me

You don't like me- You shouldn't love me. I don't deserve you.

The cutlery noises, the people, the sounds, it was all only secondary distractions for Freya as she is currently having the worst family dinner of her life

She didn't even understand what she was doing here.

She had excelled in her recital. She even received public acclaim. And yet it was not enough for her father. She still had to endure this horrible dinner with her parents and Hugo.

At this point, it was pretty obvious that she was not interested in him.

To tell the truth, she only had one boy in mind at the moment and it was certainly not Hugo.

She had sent several messages to Valerio and he had not answered a single one of them. That, coupled with this dinner of hell was enough to put her down. She didn't understand why Valerio was no longer responding to her messages. She knew enough the brown to know that he could completely forget himself at a party.

However, she had hoped that he would at least take the time to answer her.

"What do you think, Freya?"

The brunette immediately looked up from her plate before removing her head from her palm, raising her eyebrows."Mhm, yes?"

"Aspen's cottage." Sandvik replied with his frown on his daughter at her lack of attention."I was precisely proposing to Hugo to come and join us during the Christmas holidays. So you can train in the studio."

Freya immediately dropped her fork in disbelief this time. She looked at Carmen simply to meet the contrite look of the latter. She swallowed before resting her eyes on her father and Hugo. The latter gauged her with a slight grimace visibly just as uncomfortable at the sight of her detached behavior.

However, she knew she had no choice. Her father used dance as leverage. He would be uncompromising on this point.

So she swallowed, swallowing the ball of emotion stuck down her throat before shrugging her shoulders."Yes. It's a good idea."

"I don't want to impose myself." Hugo immediately added at the sight of the brunette's tense smile before turning to the businessman by his side."And then the holidays are for rest, right?"

Luís immediately left a scoff at his thought before quickly looking away at the sensation of Sandvik turning to him. He took a bite of his fish to avoid his gaze before crossing his sister's distant expression.

She was looking at her phone screen again under the table.

He shook his head in sadness before giving a new hateful look at the dancer at the end of the table.

As long as Luís was alive, this guy would never be part of their family.

His sister deserved much more than that.