ACT TWO/xvii. Polo

"So you completely stopped dancing

"So you completely stopped dancing."

"Mhm, mhm."Hummed Freya with a smile on her lips as she continued to sway to the rhythm of the music with her hands around Valerio's neck.

Valerio continued to summarize the facts of their life with a slight amusement in his tone."I was kicked out of high school. Lu and Nadia lost the scholarship to Columbia."

"Okay, okay, I get it, Valerio. We're fucked up."Chuckled Freya looking up at the brunet to look at him in puzzlement."You just like to point where it hurts, uh?"

Valerio let out a breath of laughter before lowering his eyes, licking his lips to look at her."Actually I think it was a roundabout way of knowing what you were planning for the future. For us."

"Oh."Freya gasped in realization before biting the inside of her cheek in hesitation."Well ... I thought it was pretty clear. I ... I mean after what I said to my father and ..."

Valerio giggled at the adorable embarrassed face she made before pressing his lips to her forehead."Relax, Freya. You risk choking on words if you continue."

"You're the only one who asked me, idiot."Groaned Freya as she pulled back slightly to tap him lightly on the shoulder.

"Did you just hit me?"Chuckled Valerio as he showed his shoulder in hype before squinting in fun at Freya."I'm not sure I want to be in an abusive relationship."

Freya lifted her chin with pride before shrugging."Really? Well too bad for you. I was sure what I wanted for once."

She threw her hair over her shoulder the same way Lu used to do before pretending to turn on her heels despite the difficulty her stupid boot posed.

However, she hadn't even taken a step forward which she suddenly felt arms around her. She soon felt Valerio's muscular torso against her back leaving her to laugh as he immediately bent down to whisper against her ear."Don't even think about it. As much as I like to watch you walk away from me, I won't make the same mistake again. You're mine, Freya Bjørkaas."

Freya giggled as Valerio hastened to attack her with a kiss on the neck leaving Lu to grin at the sight of the duo swimming in happiness."Ew. You make me sick."

"Lu." Chuckled Freya as she watched the brunette take another sip of her martini before shaking her head as Valerio hastened to keep her against him when she took a step to join her friend."Valerio."

"Freya."He whispered against the shell of her ear.

She rolled her eyes with a lingering smile on her lips before giving the whole club a look to look at her friends. She left a sad little smile at the sight of Omar and Ander exchanging a hug. She wrinkled her lips at the sight before turning her gaze just to see Nadia and Guzmàn kissing.

"It's not too early for these two."Valerio said with a smile in his voice.

"It looks like they took the time but they ended up being there just in time."Freya replied as she turned on her feet to face him.