Chapter 9 The Emotions

The next morning I woke up to the light pouring through the window. It looked like it was going to be a good day and I felt energized and excited.

When I started to push myself up I wasn't moving and I got a little confused. But I looked down and seen the king and I remembered the events of last night.

We were together all night, I hope no one noticed because I don't want him in trouble for being with a court lady.

A few moments later Minjuns eyes fluttered open and he smiled at me, "Good morning."

I smiled back and kissed him, "Good morning. I should probably get dressed and head out, I don't want anyone seeing me."

He released me and as I was getting dressed he smirked, "What are you smiling about?" I asked.

"You're just so pretty." He said as he got up to get dress too.

As I started to walk out the door I realized my legs were still a little wobbly and Minjun chuckled, "Need any help?"

"No, I'm good."

But as I opened the door and stepped out, at the other emd of thr hall the emperor was stepping out of his room.

I gasped and tried to run back in Minjuns room but it was too late.

"Wang Shu, is that you?" Said the emperor as he walked towards me.

I took a deep breath and looked at him, "Yea."

He looked confused, "What are you doing over here?"

"I... was making my rounds. You know, I had to make sure he had everything he needed."

"But it's so early in the morning. And your hair, look at it. It's a mess."

I quickly tried to pat my hair down, "I didn't feel good so I didn't get much sleep, and I forgot to brush my hair."

"Oh, okay. If you say so. Well, I don't have much to do today, would you like to walk around with me?"

I smiled and nodded, "Sure, let's go."

-Minjun POV-

As I watched Wang Shu and the emperor walk away together, I sighed.

Wang Shu likes him, it's written all over her face. But they can't be together.

Maybe it would be better if I could be with Wang Shu.

-Kang Xi POV-

When I thought Wang Shu was with Minjun, it made me angry but I had to cover it up.

She claims they weren't together, but I'm not so sure. I'll have to talk to Minjun myself.

Either way, I don't know why I'm so upset. She probably doesn't even like me, but I wish she would.

Maybe I should tell her how I feel about her.

"Wang Shu, can I tell you something?"

She smiled, "Sure, anything."

"I like you."

Wang Shu stopped in her tracks, "Your majesty. I-"

"You don't have to say anything. I just want you to know how I feel."

She nodded and we kept walking. She doesn't seem angry, that's good sign. But then she stopped walking again and looked up at me, "I think I like you too, but... what's the point. We can never be together."

I quickly shook my head, "You don't know that, anything could happen."

She started to nod a little, "I suppose you're right."

"And trust me, I don't have feeling for anyone else. The consort was just something I had to do."

"I understand."

I smiled and pulled her into a hug, "Thank you for understanding, now where do you want to go?"

"Can we go anywhere? Even outside the palace?"

I nodded, "Of course, anywhere you want."

"Well the lantern festival is tonight. If we kill some time walking around, we can see it."

"Sounds like a great idea to me."

-Zhao Ren POV-

I just heard the news from past night. The emperor was with Hayoon last night.

It's absolutely disgusting and I've never felt so embarrassed in my life. I must do something.

That's when an idea came to mind and I chuckled, "Oh, it's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant."

-Hayoon POV-

Last night was fine, but the emperor seemed so distant. I mean I don't expect him to become close to me, but I'd like to at least speak to him from time to time since I'm going to carry his child.

I sighed as I laid on my bed, maybe when the baby is born he'll bond with the child. Either way I'm happy as long as my baby is happy.

-Wang Shu POV-

It was becoming late and nearing time for the festival so we made our way to the Town square.

Many people had already gathered and everyone looked so happy.

Just then the emperor took my hand and I looked up at him confused, "Is something wrong?"

He shook his head, "No, I just like you too much to let you get lost."

I rolled my eyes, "Stop being weird."

He jokingly stomped his feet like a little child, "Ah, I'm not being weird!"

I started to giggle, "Stop it. You're too much."

He chuckled and soon straightened up. His eyes wandered for a second and he gasped, "There's the lanterns, let's go get one."

I followed him to the table and hummed in thought, "Which one do you want?"

He smiled and picked a light blue one. "This one, what about you?"

"Hmm, I like this." It was a small pink lantern with flowers painted on it.

"Wow, thats pretty. Now let's go and light them alright."

We ran over to the nearest fire and got them lit, "Remember you're supposed to make a wish." I said with a smile.

For a few moments I thought about it, I just wish to me happy and everyone around me to be happy. I then let mine go and soon after the emperor let his go.

"What'd you wish for?" He said smirking.

I rolled my eyes, "Your wish won't come true if you tell it out loud."

"Oh, come on. You don't actually believe that. Besides if you say yours I'll say mine."

I thought for a moment, "Fine, I just wished for happiness. For me and everyone around me."

"That's a good wish. I wished that the consorts baby will be safe. I know I'm not a fan of the consort, but I want my child to me okay, you know."

I nodded, "That makes sense. I hope our wishes come true."

"Me too." He said smiling.

When we were finished and we finally made our way to the palace. He led me to the palace of women, but he stopped at the entrance. "I'll see you soon okay. Hopefully we can do these things more often."

I nodded, "I hope so too, it was really fun."

As I was about to step inside he pulled me back and he kissed me. My eyes went wide, but I quickly returned the kiss.

When he left he waved goodbye, "See you later."

I smiled back, "See you later."