Chapter 22 The Last (Ending)

-Wang Shu POV-

The emperor and I got up bright and early. All of our bags were in the carriage. In fact we had so many things to bring we needed a whole separate carriage to carry all of it.

When we went to the kids room they were already awake, "Did you two even go to sleep?" I asked.

Lalisa smiled, "Maybe, maybe not."

I shook my head and grabbed Chaiya, "Lets just go."

Min was awake to and he was outside the carriages, "I can't wait to get back home. I sent a letter to my wife that she should expect us to be there soon."

Lalisa ran into the carriage while I set Chaiya inside, "I just can't wait to leave this palace. It's going to be a relief to get out."

The emperor was just about to get in the carriage too, when a court lady ran up to us, "Your majesty, please wait. I have something to say."

He looked confused, "What is it?"

"It's Zhao Ren, shes gone missing. No one can find her anywhere."

The emperor chuckled, "Good, maybe she left to never come back."

"Your majesty, are you not worried?"

He shook his head, "No, but if you find her. Double up her duties. I can't have people leaving unannounced like this."

She nodded, "Yes, your majesty."

When she left I looked to the emperor, "You don't think shes up to something, do you?"

"I'm sure she's not, she loves herself too much to do something too drastic."

"Well, if you say so."

When we all got in the carriage we slowly started to move and the kids got excited, "I can't wait!"

-Zhao Ren POV-

I rode about two miles away from the palace into the woods. I sat on my horse and waited with the bow ready.

I almost started to laugh, they'll never live to see another day. Not a single one of them.

-Wang Shu POV-

As the carriage swayed we all started to dose off, but my eyes jolted open when I heard a loud 'thud'.

I tapped on the emperors shoulder, "What was that?"

He shrugged, "I don't know-"

But right as he said that the carriage stopped in its tracks making everyone gasp. 

"Daddy, whats happening?" Lalisa asked.

MInjun shook his head, "I don't know. But I'll go see."

When he stepped out he gasped, "The driver, and the horses have all been killed!"

"What do we do!" I said as I held onto my children.

The emperor looked around, "I don't have any weapons, do you?"

Minjun shook his head.

I looked back and forth between the two men. Whats going to happen?

I sighed and stepped out of the carriage with my children behind me.

The emperor shook his head, "Please get back in."

"Theres no point." I said.

Just then a dark shadow had descended upon us. I looked up and seen someone on horseback with a cloak over their face.