Chapter 12 The Shed

-6 Weeks Later-

It's been about six weeks since the incident with the empress. I'm still Hayoons lady in waiting because I really enjoy her company. And since I'm still not feeling too good I'm in luck because she can't do too many activities either.

Hayoon leaned back and smiled, "I can't wait for the baby. I want to go back home to give birth. Because my family will be so excited."

"That's a wonderful idea."

"But what about you?"

I looked confused, "What are you talking about?"

"Didn't you see the doctor like I asked you to?"

I shook my head, "There's no need. I'm not pregnant."

"Well have you missed your period?"

"My what? Oh! Um no, I still get it every month."

She hummed in thought, "I don't know you should still see the doctor, you might really be sick."

"Fine, I see the doctor right now."

"I'm coming with you, I don't trust you."

I chuckled, "You're silly."

She looped her arm with mine as we walk out of the palace, "I asked you a while back if you had laid with anyone, and you said yes. But our didn't say who it was."

My eyes went wide, I can't tell her I laid with her cousin. She might get mad. "Oh, it was just some guard. He doesn't work here anymore."

"Ah, I see. What are you going to do if you actually are pregnant?"

I hadn't actually thought about that. I mean, I'm not pregnant so I don't need to think about it. But it's just a scary thought. I took that potion because I wanted to be more like a woman. Not so I could have kids, especially not right now. "Oh, I don't know."

"Well we're here, do you want me to go in with you?"

I nodded, "Sure."

When we were inside the doctor smiled, "Hayoon, are you here for another check up."

She shook her head, "No, Wang Shu hasn't been feeling good. So I want you to see what's wrong."

"Ah, okay. Come sit over here Wang Shu."

I took a deep breath and did as he asked. Surely he won't be able to tell I'm a man, right?

The first thing he did was look at the color of my nails. "This looks fine"

Then my eyes, "These are good too."

"Well, what have your symptoms been?"

I hummed in thought, "Nausea and a bloated feeling."

"How long has this been going on?"

"A long while, seven or eight weeks now."

Next he put his fingers on my wrist and I knew what he was thinking. But I was not prepared for what he was about to say. "Wang Shu, you are with child."

I was practically speechless, "What?"

He nodded, "The babys heart beat is just as strong as Hayoons so you're probably twelve to thirteen weeks pregnant like she is."

I looked to Hayoon and she was smiling, "Isn't this exciting!"

"Y-yea, I'm so happy."

As we left I seen two people walking out of the palace. When we got closer I seen it was the emperor and Minjun.