Chapter 19 The Records

-Three Years Later-

-Wang Shu POV-

"Mommy, I want to play!"

I chuckled and lifted Chaiya up on my shoulder.

Chaiya is the emperor and my child he's a little over two years old and he's already so smart.

"Let's go get Lalisa first." I said.

Lalisa is now five years old. She doesn't know that I'm her mother, but I treat her just like Chaiya and so does the emperor.

When I got both of the kids we ran outside. Lalisa grabbed and ball and we tossed it to each other.

Suddenly Chaiya yelled, "Daddy! Play with us, please."

He smiled and ran over, "Okay, but not for too long. Both of you have school."

Both kids groaned and Lalisa spoke, "Why do I have to? I don't know any other girls that go to school."

"That's what is going to make you special. If you study you'll have a really important job and people will look up to you. Don't you want that?"

She quickly nodded, "Yes!"

"Then when we're done, both of you get to studying."

They both nodded and continued to play. I smiled to myself, I'm glad the emperor treats her so nicely. When I brought her back I was worried he wouldn't like her.

After about half an hour later the emperor clapped his hands together. "Time for studying."

The kids smiled and ran over to the teachers building.

I chuckled to myself, "I'm glad they seem so happy to learn things."

As we headed back into the palace someone knocked on the door before we could even get settled, "Who could that be?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Come in."

I guard slipped inside and he appeared to be almost nervous.

The emperor looked confused, "Is something wrong?"

"Your majesty... it's been five years."

"Five years from what?"

"Five years since your first empress was arrested. She's being released as we speak."

The emperor slammed his fist on the table, "Dammit!"

I quickly ran to his side and tried to comfort him, "Please don't get worked up. What can she possibly do to hurt us now?"

"Anything, she is persistent, if she wants something done, it will be done. I just worry about our child, I'd hate to know how shes going to react to this."

I gasped, "No, please don't let her hurt our child."

"I promise I won't. If shes caught doing anything remotely suspicious she is going to be publicly hanged. I won't let her hurt anyone else."

-Zhao Ren POV-

A guard walked up to my cell and scoffed, "I can't believe I have to do this."

He pulled out a key and my eyes went wide. Am I being released? How long has it been?

When the door was open he stepped in and jerked me onto my feet. And dragged me outside causing me to fall on the ground. But at this point it didn't really bother me, I've had to sleep in the dirt for years now.

Another guard picked me up and took me to the palace of women. I was met by a group of angry looking maids and court ladies.

One of them sighed, "We'll take her from here."