Chapter 11 The Crime

-1 Week Later-

It's been about a week since Hayoons scare. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary and she hasn't gotten sick since. But that was soon going to change.

A maid walked in holding a letter, "It's from the empress."

Hayoon opened it up and read it out loud for me to hear, "I request that you come join me for a snack. I heard about how you got sick. I am so sorry. I am sure some tea will help."

She then crumbled the letter up, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

I nodded, "The empress was behind you getting sick."

"And now she wants to do it again."

I hummed in thought for a moment, "I think I have an idea, but you're going to have to trust me."

"What is it?"

"I want you to eat and drink what she gives you."

Hayoon looked confused, "What? Why would I do that?"

"Because if we make the empress believe the baby is dead, she might slip up and make a mistake. Besides the rosemary won't do any real damage until you drink it many more times."

She nodded, "Okay, I trust you. I'll head there now. Will you come with me?"

"Yes, just give me moment."

She seen me clutching my stomach and got concerned, "Are you still feeling sick?"

I shook my head, "It'll pass. Don't worry."

"Wang Shu let me ask you a question. Have you laid with anyone recently."

I sighed and did a nervous nod, "Yea, about six weeks ago."

"You should see a doctor. You might be pregnant too."

I nodded, "Fine, but not until I help you out okay."

When we made it to the empresses room we entered and immediately she gave me a harsh look, "I don't remember inviting Wang Shu."

Hayoon nodded "Shes my lady in waiting and I need her with me in case something bad happens again."

"Oh, well I suppose that's fine."

This time the empress immediately set the tea in front of Hayoon, "Have a drink please."

Hayoon took a deep breath and looked up at me, so I gave her a reassuring nod.

She then drank it all in a matter of seconds.

When I seen her crumple down in pain I had to act surprised.

"Hayoon! What's wrong!"

"I don't know! It hurts!" She said as she cried.

The empress did an obvious fake gasp, "Oh goodness, Wang Shu, fetch the doctor please."

I nodded, "Let me take her to her room first so she can lay down."

The Empress rolled her eyes, "Fine, just get the doctor soon. I'd hate for something to happen to the baby."

I nodded and helped her to her room. When everyone was out of sight I gave her a thumbs up and she relaxed a little.

"It really does hurt though."

"Don't get too worried, okay. You'll be fine. Now listen to me, this is the next part of the plan. You need you lay down and cover yourself with a blanket. I will fetch a maid to lay under the blanket too, but only her arm will be visible. So that way the doctor won't feel the babys pulse."