Chapter 13 The Ride

-28 Weeks Later-

-Kang Xi POV-

It's been too long. Where did she go? I sighed as I laid in my bed.

Ever since Wang Shu left I slowly got worse and worse.

I haven't spoken in months so I haven't been able to give any orders. And because of that they gave the Empress back her duties without my permission.

And I know I should be happy because Hayoon is about to give birth, but all I have is sadness.

Everyone has assumed she died, I'm just not sure though, she was a tough girl, nothing could take her that easily.

-Wang Shu POV-

Hayoon and I were both practically ready to give birth this moment, so we had come up with a plan.

When she left to give birth at her family's home, I would sneak along with her so I could find an outside doctor.

And Hayoon came just when she said she would. Right at sunrise.

Quickly she made sure I was in the carriage but out of sight. I would be hiding underneath the seat until we had completely left the palace.

It felt like I was waiting for hours when Hayoon finally came back and said we were leaving. And I sighed in relief.

-Zhao Ren POV-

I've been allowed to have my duties back since the emperor can't speak for some damn reason. But I don't really care.

I need revenge. And I will get it today. After what Hayoon did to me, her and the baby will die today.

I chuckled to myself, Wang Shu, is the lucky one. Because I would kill her with my bare hands if I had the chance.

But for my plan I paid twenty guards to follow Hayoons carriage and when they got to the woods they would stop the carriage and kill her. And their excuse would be, that they tried to protect her but they were attacked by twice as many thieves.

"This time, nothing will stop my plan."

-Wang Shu POV-

The carriage was very uncomfortable under the seats but I wasn't about to move.

Then suddenly it stopped and I heard a mans voice.

"Is this Hayoons carriage?"

The driver responded, "Yes, sir."

"Well may I have a look inside?"

"Absolutely."

Suddenly I grew nervous and in the corner of my eye, I seen him pull back the curtain. He glanced around then closed it.

He then spoke up, "The carriage is clear to pass."

I sighed in relief as I felt the carriage start to move again. A few moments later Hayoon whispered, "You can come up now."

Finally, I crawled up and stretched my back.

"Ah, thats much better."

"I'm sorry for making you sit there."

I shook my head, "It's fine, I didn't really mind."

As we were heading out of town she opened the curtain and pointed ahead. "Once we've gotten past the woods we'll be back home where my family lives."

I smiled to myself, honestly I can't wait to meet some new people after being cooped up by myself for months.

"So, have you thought of any baby names?"