Chapter 18 The Empress

-2 Years Later-

It's hard to believe everything that's happened to me to lead up to this moment.

I was a maid, I had a baby, two men were even in love with me.

But obviously I'm no longer a maid, my baby is doing just fine, and as for the two men. Well one left to live his own life, while the other I'm about to married too.

It's the emperor. I'm marrying the emperor and I will become empress.

After two years the country was growing weary without an Empress. So the emperor convinced everyone I was the best choice.

The emperor looked over to me, "Empress Wang Shu, I like the sound of that. What about you?"

I nodded, "It is quite nice."

Just then the gates in front of us opened and I almost fainted right there. I've never seen so many people in my life. Every person in China has to be here.

The emperor and I walked up the stairs while everyone cheered, but when we got to the top they quieted down.

The emperor took my hand and one of the governor's walked up to us holding a scroll. "Wang Shu, you have shown great honor and pride for this country. Kindness flows through you and you're loved by all. So it is our honor for you to be our empress."

He motioned for me to kneel and I did so, soon another man placed the crown on my head.

(Imagine this)

Once finished, I slowly stood up and once again everyone cheered

Once finished, I slowly stood up and once again everyone cheered. After a moment he handed the scroll to the emperor and smiled, "And this is the certificate of your marriage. I pray you'll both have a happy life together."

We were now officially married. All was perfect. Except one thing.

The one thing the emperor still doesn't know, the secret I've been keeping for all these years.

He will find out tonight, because we are expected to have a child as soon as possible.

As we walked back down the steps I waved to the people and tried to keep a smile on my face. If only they knew how scared I was right now.

There was now a palace carriage at the end of the walkway and we both slipped inside. As it started to move I looked over to the emperor, "I love you."

He smiled and kissed, "I love you more."

I sighed, if he loves me he won't judge.

-Zhao Ren POV-

Outside I could hear people cheering. It was louder than I've ever heard in my life. I got up on my tip toes to peek out the window, but I couldn't see anything.

Just then I heard someone behind me chuckle, it was just a guard, "Are you jealous?"

I scoffed, "Jealous of what?"

"The wedding. They didn't cheer for you like that when you married the emperor."

"Shut up. Wait- wedding. Who's getting married?"

"The emperor."

My eyes went wide, "Who on Earth is he marrying?"

He smirked, "Wang Shu, and everyone knows how much you like her. I can't wait for you to get out so she can have you killed like you did to Hayoon."

I ignored the guard and slumped down on the floor.

He's marrying that bitch, why? I was a better empress than she'll ever be. I looked back up, "How much more time do I have left in prison?"

He hummed in thought, "About three more years."

I can wait.

-Minjun POV-

I haven't seen Wang Shu in about two years. She told me she has feelings for me and that she cares for me, but it's for the best that she stays with the emperor.

I really wish she came with me, there's just something about her that is so amazing.

But that's in the past because last week I got an invitation to their wedding ceremony. I wouldn't have been able to go, because I still love her.

But I can't be upset for her getting married, when I got married myself. Naturally it wasn't my choice, my mother picked her out.

She's nice but I don't love her, and she doesn't mind. She's in the same boat as I am, she's just doing what her parents told her to do. Her name is Altansarnai and she's from Mongolia.

And I know I should move on, but if you love someone it doesn't matter what happens, you'll always care for them.

-Wang Shu POV-

The emperor helped me out of the carriage and led me back to our room.

We had lunch, played games with Lalisa, and talked.

When the day winded down to an end a maid came by and took Lalisa while another brought by a small dinner.

As we sat down and I started eating, I knew what was next.

I don't mind, but the emperor still doesn't know my secret. Will he be mad for lying to him?

The emperor smiled at me from the other side of the table, "What's on your mind?"

"Actually... something very important."

He straightened up and nodded, "What is it? You can tell me anything."

I look down at the floor, "I'm afraid you'll be upset."

He shook his head, "I'm not going to be upset, I promise. I love you, there is nothing you could tell me that would make me upset at you."

I took a deep breath, "It's about me. Something I've never told you. I was born a..."

"You were born a, what?"

"A... man."

When the words left my lips I looked at his face. He didn't look mad so I decided to keep talking.

"I was homeless for many years, and when I was fourteen I was confused for a woman and taken into a courtesan house. For all those years I've been a woman, I can even have children, so being a woman is all a really know. But I worry that people won't understand and they'll look at me differently. So... I guess the question is... do you still love me?"

He was silent for a moment, but soon a smile made its way to his lips. "Like I said earlier. Nothing you could say would make me upset with you. Now this is definitely not what I thought you were going to say, but it's not a problem and I won't look at you any differently. You are still Wang Shu, and I love you more than anyone I know."

He got up and kneeled beside me, "In our next life, I swear I will find you and love you just like I do in this very moment."

I smiled and pulled him into a hug, "Thank you so much, I love you."

The emperor then picked me up causing me to giggle. He set me down on the bed and started to kiss me.

This was different, he was nothing like Minjun was. The emperor was very gentle, almost like I was made of porcelain. Which I didn't really mind, it made me feel like he cared.

As he started to take off my dress he stopped and looked confused, "What happened?"

I seen he was pointing to the scar on my stomach, so I quickly came up with an answer. "It was a horseback riding accident. It's not ugly is it?"

He quickly shook his head, "No no no, you're beautiful just the way you are. I was just wondering."

As the night went on I almost didn't want it to end, I wish life was as wonderful as is it right now forever.