Into the Real World 8: Wormhole

"I thought she won't be here for the whole day?!" Vienn panicked.

"You help the others hide, I'll go and see her," Liliana stated before running out of the room and went to see their mother.

"Mom!" she greeted and gave her a hug.

"Where is your sister?" she asked as she walks into the kitchen and filled a cup of water for herself.

"She is in my room, you know, playing games," Liliana replied as she opens the fridge and got some apples for their mom.

"I have heard some unfamiliar voices, are there other people that have come over?" their mother asked which made Liliana nervous.

Not only that, her mother walked towards the room and she tried to stop her.

"Vienn's friends had come for a group project," she lied, hoping that their mother would bite it.

"I see, it would be rude to disturb them. You should bring some snacks for them," she suggested with a smile plastered on her face.

"Here," Liliana said after washing the apple.

"Eat that, honey, I just came home because I forgot to bring some documents. You should tell your sister to not indulge herself too much in those games," she said before kissing Liliana on the cheek and left.

Vienn was relieved as she watches their mom drive away from their house.

"Okay, let us go back to the discussion," she said and when Liliana entered, she brought some fruits and chocolates.

She also had some fruit juice and laid them on the table.

"Help yourselves," she said happily.

"I get the theories about the parallel and infinite universes but what about them? What does it have to do in our situation?" Guinevere asked as she takes a bite on a piece of chocolate.

"It's possible that anywhere in the universe, you could have been there, in another world, and as for your sudden appearance here on earth, this is where wormholes appear," Kian stated.

"Is magic somehow involved there?" Harith asked.

Kian shook his head.

"Just like what Vienn had said before, magic is not something we believe in, instead it is science that explains almost everything," he responded.

"Wormholes are considered as the bridges that would become as shortcut in-between two worlds. Though, the downside of this theory is that wormholes is a concept still considered as a theory. Its existence is not yet proven. But if we investigate closer about your cases–" Kian points at the three heroes, "It would turn into something huge in the field of science."

"But that would only be possible if we ask for professional help," Vienn commented which drew a few more questions from the heroes.

"Professional help?" Alucard asks in confusion.

"We can only draw theories by ourselves, proving them won't be possible without the proper equipments," Vienn responded.

"I do not know if this could be of help but if we look into the date and time the heroes appeared, there may be a chance that the wormholes could have appeared," Liliana stated with a doubt for her knowledge is not as much as compared to the other elderly.

"And if that happened, it is possible that it has been seen or detected by satellites," Vienn stated, hopeful and excited.

"I guess it's settled then, let's prepare and try to get this through to NASA," Kian stated which Vienn agreed to.

"That ends our meeting today, let us all meet next week," Vienn announced before they departed back to the city, leaving Harith and Liliana at the house.

"I never thought that you, people, don't believe in magic when it is a norm in Land of Dawn to have mages going around the city," Harith commented which gave Liliana an idea.

She grabs his hand and brought him to her game room.

"Since we started talking about sciences, you will be amazed by the discoveries made here on earth and around the space," Liliana said as she opens her computer and searched for documentaries.

As the first video plays in front of Harith, Liliana couldn't help but feel happy at his amazed expression.

But something suddenly crossed her mind and when the short clip ended, she decided to ask something.

"I was just wondering," she first stated which had caught the attention of the Leonin.

"What it is?" Harith asked.

"In your story, it is stated that you have stepped out of the Enchanted Forest to sought after magic," Liliana said which Harith nodded to for it is the truth.

"Nana had showed affection towards you yet you had chosen to not give it much attention, believing that you could protect her from criticisms that you, yourself, is afraid of. Why didn't you consider the fact that you also need companion instead of being alone?" Liliana asked out of curiosity.

Harith was a bit taken aback on the question thrown at him.

"Isn't it more sad that you, who is of the same kind as her, had given her the cold shoulder?" Liliana added, making Harith ponder over what she said.

"I wonder why I did that?," Harith questioned as if he is a stranger to himself as well.

Liliana got puzzled at his response. Though she is not very confident of what she is thinking, she still speaks up her opinion on the matter.

"But I guess that could not be helped if that is fated to happen in the very first place," she shrugged before turning her attention back to her computer.

"Hey, Liliana," Harith called her out.

"Hmm?" she simply mumbled without looking at him for she is focused on what she is going to show to him next.

"I think I am fading."

Those words shook Liliana that she immediately looked at Harith. She couldn't believe her eyes but Harith is fading. She tried to hold him but her hand got through him.

"What is happening? Did we fail in the quest? But it isn't one year yet," she panicked as she tried to hold him again, hoping he would stop from vanishing.

"I guess this is where we part ways, it was nice meeting you, Liliana. If fate agrees, I hope we'd cross path again," Harith said and with a sudden glitch, he vanished from sight. No single clue of his existence has been left.

Liliana blinked, her eyebrows slowly moved towards each other as her forehead creased.

"What just happened?" she asked herself and even wondered why she is looking at some science documentaries on the internet when it is not her interest.

"Why am I searching for these clips?" she mumbled.

She shuts down her computer and stretches out.

"I should just go and have a run," she stated while leaving her game room, without any recollection of what just happened seconds ago and even the appearance of Harith in her world has been erased.