The Last Scarlet 4

"Why did you not tell me that?"

Hanzo was now confronting Hanabi about the matter that the old man told him. It may partly be his fault for not asking but he did not expect that it was that big of a deal.

"You did not ask," Hanabi defended which was a bit unreasonable, she knew that herself.

"What else is there for me to know?" the assassin asked once more. Maybe if he asked that, she would open up to her. Besides, she was his client and Hanzo would protect her at all cost.

"Like what I have said, you must learn to control your power because if you go all out, there is a high chance that I'll lose my life."

Looking at his confused look, Hanabi did not have any choice but to explain further.

"That mark is a bond between the two of us. I grant you more power and in return, protect me from harm. But you must not exploit it since it is connected to my lifeline."

"Anything else?" Hanzo pressed further to make sure that no more secrets were kept from him. Hanabi shook her head in response before gobbling up her food so she could regain the strength she lost. It was a risk for her to mark Hanzo, especially that he was already exceptionally strong. There was always a high chance of him to use his power without holding back and would surely harm her but it was the best way. That was the choice that had the highest chance of her surviving from being killed by her pursuers.

Hanzo was about to leave the room but Hanabi suddenly asked, "You're doing this because it is a mission, right?"

"Right," he responded, "and if ever you betray me, I would know how to get back at you."

Hanabi rolled her eyes, regretting that she asked such question in the first place. Spending the night with a good rest, the two went on their way to Kyoto once more. But in order to avoid crossing path with Hayabusa's team, they chose to take the long path.