Sadistic Mentor 9

"What did you say?" she asks, wanting confirmation if she heard him right.

"Why, Hanabi? Do you have any complaints in marrying me?" Hanzo reiterates, giving the last final blow on Hanabi's unprotected and unrecovered mind.

Before another word escapes her mouth, Hanzo holds her hand and drags her inside the airport and takes her to the lane where her plane is waiting for her.

"If you are having a problem, do call me," Hanzo states, grabbing her phone and enters his number before giving it back to her. "Be careful and do well."

For a reason she does not know, Hanabi simply nods like a little child and that night, she leaves her hometown and flies overseas where she will spend her next four years to study.

Upon arriving at her new apartment, Hanabi flops on her bed and stares at her phone where the name and number of Hanzo is flashed. She purses her lips yet a smile still forms. She holds her phone close to her chest, shuts her eyes and rolls all over the bed. She wants to scream as the face of Hanzo flashes in her mind.

When she calms down, Hanabi opens her laptop and starts to organize her schedule. Though it has been quite a long time since she last attended in a university, being a good student is still instilled in her.

Though business is quite a bit different from the course she once took, she is confident that she would finish her study on time.

"How are you doing?" the CEO asks after a year since his daughter has been sent abroad.

"Better, I guess," Hanabi replies as she removes her glasses and presses her fingers on temple, massaging it after an hour of sticking her nose on studying.

"Good to hear that. I did not send anyone there to look after you for I trust you to study responsibly," her father states which made Hanabi roll her eyes in annoyance.

"Yes, father," she simply replies. Just then, she sits properly and gulps before having the courage to ask him. "How is Hanzo doing?"

The CEO's forehead creases for such question from his daughter is rather shocking. He thought that they are not in good terms especially after hearing their constant fights before when Hanzo was still her mentor.

"He is doing much better," he still replies and since it is rare for his daughter to ask him about a man, he is also curious. "Why did you ask?"

This question made Hanabi blush in no time. Ever since she arrived at the new place and despite having Hanzo's number with her, she still does not have the courage to call him or send him a message. So to update herself about him, she checks the social media updates of Kagura even if it annoys her. Furthermore, she never had a personal talk with her father about such matter so she feels uneasy.

"Such a bummer, I was thinking that he might have messed up and was fired," she replies, covering the truth from her father.

"He is better than you are," her father states directly. Hanabi clicks her tongue for she knows that as well but he does not have to rub it on her face.

"Shut it, dad," she says, "I'm hanging up. Your daughter that is less better than Hanzo needs to study."

Her response made her father relieved for she seems to be just doing fine especially that she still has her bitchy side.

"Take care," is the last words of Hanabi's father before their call comes to an end. And to have a better update, Hanabi dials Miya's number.

"Yes, miss?" Miya asks her upon answering the call. She is currently inside Hanzo's office, waiting for him to finish signing some documents.

"Hey, Miya, can you take a picture of Hanzo and send it to me," Hanabi whispers as if she knows that someone might hear her if she does not keep her voice down.

Such request is a shock for Miya. Just like the CEO, she thought that the two are still not in good terms after their bad encounters. Without stating another word, Miya ends the call.

"The nerve!" Hanabi bursts as she glares at her phone. But her anger immediately evaporates when she receives a face to face call from her father's secretary. She looks at herself first on the mirror and fixes her hair before answering.

"I thought you hanged up on me," she states, her eyebrow raised at the secretary but only to be laughed at.

"Your request is a bit out of the blue so to give you a better result, a video call would be much better than a picture," Miya responds and she focuses the camera on Hanzo who has his full attention on his work.

Hanabi leans her chin on her other hand and watches Hanzo. He is still wearing his glasses and even after a year had gone, the look of his office is still the same. The smile on her lips suddenly turn into a frown and her once dreamy expression turns sour.

"Hi, Hanabi! Long time no talk," Kagura states while waving her hand at the camera. Just like the old times, Hanabi rolls her eyes to the side and shoos the newcomer away.

"Don't show your annoying face to me, midget," she states, only to get a pout from Kagura, triggering her other annoyed buttons. "Stop acting cute, stupid."

Kagura narrows her sight on her and speaks, "You are still a bitch."

Hanabi scoffs and flips her hair proudly before raising her eyebrow at her.

"So what?" she spits.

"Go back to work," Hanzo states and Miya focuses the camera back on him. Hanabi sees his ever serious face and it seems he got more mature after a year. His emerald eyes are still as beautiful as ever and despite the frown plastered on his face, he is still good-looking.

Hanabi smiles at him, a blush painting her cheeks as she waves goodbye. After that call, Hanabi seems to have recharged her energy and goes back to her books, her smile still is still plastered on her face.

"A few more years and we'll see each other again," Hanabi mumbles to herself, remembering the parting words of Hanzo back at the airport.