Avalanche of Feelings(Hanzo|Hanabi)

Hanabi's POV

"In solving this problem, you have to use this method. It may have a longer solution but it's easier to understand. Also, you have to keep in mind the logarithmic formulas."

Hanzo is currently explaining the calculus topic we just discussed in class. I didn't get to understand it and I was thankful that he took some time off just to teach me. However, instead of focusing on his explanation, I would involuntarily stare at his face at random times.

"Did you get it?" he suddenly asked that brought me back to my senses. Flustered, I looked at the paper he had written on and there was a long solution.

"Ah... yes, yes, of course, I get it," I replied, averting my eyes from him.

Damn it! How did he solve that problem?! I was too focused on staring at him!

He crossed his arms and looked at me with eyes that do not believe the words I said.

"So," he said, "what's the answer?"

His usual soft expression turned stern and he was raising an eyebrow at me. He was probably annoyed because I wasn't paying attention.

I clasped my hands, bowed my head, and apologized, "I'm so sorry! I didn't get it at all! I'm so sorry!"

He was quiet. I bit my lower lip because he was scarier when he isn't saying anything. I tilted my head and took a peek at him and our gaze met. Just as I thought, he was indeed mad at me.

He sighed and stood from his seat.

"If you're ready to listen to me, then just knock in my room," he said before leaving me alone in the living room.

I watched him walked upstairs and I couldn't help but pout. I made him angry.

"Are you done studying?" Aunt Myrna asked as she came out from the kitchen. I shook my head and told her what happened. She let out a giggle and said, "His patience is really easy to snap."

Aunt Myrna was my mother's sister. She wasn't able to have a child because of some problems so she decided to adopt Hanzo. I was 10 years old and he was 12 when we first met and we used to be just playmates. But when he started to mature, I started to develop romantic feelings towards him. I had always kept that secret for three years now.

And it was just so wrong of me to have these feelings, especially that he treated me as his younger sister.

"Hanabi, is there some girl in school that Hanzo seems to like?" Aunt Myrna suddenly asked.

I sat up straight and with wide eyes, I returned a question, "Does he has someone he likes?"

Aunt Myrna pouted as she sat across me. With her chin resting on her hand leaning on the table, she stated, "You know, it really would be great if Hanzo is open with those kinds of things. I wanna talk to him about romance."

Wait, ain't this some sort of bad news for me? Aunt Myrna wanted a girl for Hanzo and for sure, that wasn't me! Argh! Why's life being hard on me? Am I going to attend his wedding now?!