Realization.

4 month of marriage

Namjoon's POV

"Finally," I say out loud.

I finished the pile of work I had on my desk this morning in record time.

Calling my secretary in, I hand her the files "Send them out, once you are done you can just go home" I tell her.

She looks at me surprised but bows and leaves my office.

I turn off my desktop and get my coat.

Reaching the elevator my phone goes off.

I look at the caller ID and Yoogi hyung.

Me: Hey hyung. How are you?

Yoongi Hyung: Good Joonie, I was calling to see if you wanted to join us for a few drinks.

Me:  Sorry hyung I'm gonna have to rain check.

Yoongi Hyung:  You are still working? Dude take a break.

Me: Umm...It's not that. I'm on my way home to make diner.

Yoongi Hyung: ...I'm sorry did I hear correctly? Did you leave work early to cook?

Me: *Mumbles* I wanted to make Y/N something since she's the one that's always cooking.

Yoongi Hyung: So you want to poison your wife? Are things not going well Namjoon-ah?

Me: No, things are going really well...I just wanted to do something nice.

Yoongi Hyung: I'm glad to hear that things are going well and I get that you want to do something nice for your wife...but cooking? We both know that you in a kitchen is a recipe for disaster.

Me: Hyung have some faith in me.

With that, I hang up feeling upset that my friend has no faith in me.

I am going to make dinner and it's going to be freaking delicious.

30 min later

The kitchen is filled with smoke and the food on the pan is in flames.

I take the pan and put it underwater in the sink.

At least we have rice. I check the rice cooker and all the rice is undercooked and Black?

How did...? Shit. Dinner is ruined. Maybe hyung was right.

"What tha?" I hear from the kitchen entrance.

I find my wife looking at the mess that is in our kitchen in horror.

"I-I tried to make dinner for us but... well it burnt" I confessed feeling so freaking embarrassed.

"That's very sweet of you, Thank you" She smiles looking a bit amused.

"Why are you thanking me, It's all ruined," I say in frustration.

"It's the thought that counts, How about we clean this mess and we go to the BBQ restaurant that is by the park. After diner, we can take a walk"

I am grateful that she didn't freak out, she is actually taking this pretty well even though I almost burnt down the kitchen.

I nod and we both begin to clean everything up, I am very careful because I cute a few of my fingers and have paper towels warped on them.

Once the kitchen is back to its former state I begin to walk to the front door when Y/N grabs my wrist and drags me upstairs.