Sad friends

5 months of marriage.

Y/N POV

I am checking on my last consolation before going to lunch.

Namjoon and I made plans to have lunch together today.

We have been spending a lot of time together and It's been fun, not gonna lie.

He always makes me laugh.

And he challenges me to think, think in-depth and think outside the box.

We have been going on a few dates, well they are not dates.

I mean to outsiders we look like a typical married couple going on a date, but it's not a real date.

We are just hanging out.

I honestly don't know why I keep calling them dates.

I check the file as I enter the examination room.  

Male dog. Name: Mickey

"Hello, I'm Dr...." I trail off as I recognize the guy in front of me.

He is one of Namjoon's friends. I can't remember his name, fuck.

He looks as surprised as I am but quickly recovers and gives me a bright smile.

"Y/N, Hi. I'm Hoseok. Namjoon's friend. It's nice to see you again." He says extending his hand.

Shaking his extended hand I greet him "Yes, I remember you. How are you?"

"I'm good Just worried about this guy," He says petting his dog.

Moving closer to his dog, I let him sniff my hand before I touch him "Hey Mickey How are you?"

I pet him and ask.

"Are you here for a routine check-up or is there something you are concerned about?"

" I think he might have eaten a rock or something when I took him to the park yesterday. He looks very uncomfortable and in pain and his belly is really big." Hoseok explained.

Since Mickey is really friendly I begin to check him. Making my job super easy. 

I begin to check his heartbeat, Move to check his stomach and begin to feel around.

 I do notice a  slight swelling of his belly.

"Does he usually eat rocks when you take him out?" I ask.

"No, He has never done that but while he was playing he ate a rock and I was too far away to get it out of his mouth on time" He confirms looking a bit guilty.

"Hey, it's okay. If he doesn't make a habit of eating rocks then that's good. Sometimes when some dogs chew and swallow rocks or stones it's because they have nutritional deficiencies, and their bodies identify rocks as a good source of whatever is missing. We can check to see what his body is missing and help him out" I reassure him.

"I will send you upstairs to get the second floor to get an ultrasound and we will meet back here to go over the results," I tell him as I send an emergency request upstairs. I have an idea of what Mickey might but I want to be 100% sure.

I send Hoseok on his way and go to one of my offices to check on an email and wait for the results.

10 minutes later I get a text from the technician letting me know that my suspicion was right.

I have him bring Mickey to the emergency room immediately and have them send Hoseok to my office so I can explain what is going on.