7

'Terrasen's Heir. She's dead.'

'Ah. That's where you're wrong.'

She lifted two fingers and pushed down on the blade. Sam slowly lowered his arm.

'You see,' Enya said, her mouth curving into a wicked smile, 'you were all lied to.'

~

She looked too much like Celaena.

'What do you mean?' His heart hammered within his chest.

'Aelin is very much alive.'

Sam knew she was enjoying the look of uncertainty on his face - and she stood slowly, taking one feline step towards him. 'What if I told you that my name is Enya Galathynius - and the person you love is really Aelin Galathynius?'

Sam stumbled back a step. And another. And another, till his back was pressed into the wall behind him. Erin prowled forwards.

'Aelin does not have a twin.' Even as he spoke those very words, his certainty began to wither away.

'But you can't deny the evidence, can you? Who else has eyes like her? Like me?' She whispered, 'Ashryver eyes, from legends old, of brightest blue, ringed with gold.' Enya's voice grew harder. 'She is my sister, Sam Cortland, and I have spent years looking for her. I will not let this opportunity pass when she may be so close. Now, do you believe me or not?'

That's why Celaena had always feared about him knowing about her past.

Enya Galathynius gazed at him.

'Now we know,' he murmured.

'Yes,' she said. 'Yes, we do.'

~

Celaena Sardothien, Adarlan's Assassin, was her sister. And in Endovier. For who knew how long.

~

Celaena was Aelin Galathynius. The Heir of Terrasen. And the love of his life.