*chapter 13*

The smell that reached her nose was mouthwatering. She could just imagine how delicious it all will taste like. But yet she wasn't sure if she should go down there or not. Sighing from the last time she glanced at  herself through the mirror and almost didn't recognise herself in that royal blue gown. The sisters made a cute little bun of her hair leaving little tendrils around her face. Even Without any jewellery she found the dress elegantly gorgeous.

"This is for your bandages." One of the sister wrapped a blue satin shawl over her shoulder.

"Thank you. " sanyukta muttered quietly and smiled. They both left the room to get the table ready and she knew it was time to get down in the dining.

Taking a long breath she moved out of the room. Her breath increased with every step she took down the stairs. She remember the way to the dinning as the sisters told her but yet she felt lost. She felt alone.

Soon she saw dining table coming in view but found the table empty.

Now  it'st's awkward. She didn't wanted to be the first one to be here. All alone.

Or wait

maybe it's his another game. She felt a sense of rage at even thinking about it so she decided to storm into his room. But as she turned around she found someone.

"Your highness! " sanyukta greeted the Queen. Her breath quick.

"Are you here with your mother? What's a surprise dear.." the Queen suddenly hugged her. Sanyukta back hurts but she had more serious issue to handle. The queen is hugging her.

"I'm. ..Not.." sanyukta started.

"We always knew you are going to be a gorgeous Princess. " queen adored her but sanyukta hold back her tongue.

She hoped that it would be better if prince introduced her Because she don't know what is she doing here?

She looked around but there was no sign of Prince.

"I'm not a princess,..." sanyukta looked down.

The Queen eyes turn quizzical

"Oh I'm sorry. I thought you are my friend's daughter. She was supposed to be visiting us today. But you are..." the Queen stop when she was interrupted by the Prince.

"She is a sanyukta, mother. " Prince stated when he came around both women.

"Ohh. It's nice meeting you. You are really pretty. " the Queen smiled and touch her hair lightly.

"Thank you. Your highness. " sanyukta tuck her hair behind her ear.

Randhir liked the view. She looked pleasing to his eye and she gave a weird sense of calmness to his senses.

"And you are princess of....." the Queen enquired hoping sanyukta to complete.

There was a few minutes silence.

"She is princess of..." Prince started but sanyukta can already anticipate a lie coming. So she decide to cut him off.

"I'm not a princess." Sanyukta stated. Randhir glared at her but she still didn't understand why he was lying.

"I'm your first minister's daughter." Sanyukta couldn't bear anymore lies. If this is the end then let it be.

The Queen stare turn judgemental while she look up and down at sanyukta dress. Then she looked around the dining table.

"I don't think we invited you for dinner." The Queen eyes were hard now.

"I did." It was prince voice. As he step ahead sanyukta.

The Queen looked at prince is disbelief.

"What are you doing randhir? " his mother asked him sternly.

"She is my companion." Prince answered truthfully this time. He knew she would go crazy if he told her.

"No women are allowed in royal court, not even me. Only maids. Maids don't wear a dress like that. " the Queen taunted.

" She is my companion now and she will stay." The prince voice was lower than the queen but his eyes even made the queen to think before she speak.

"But it was supposed to be minister's son as much I can remember. " the Queen voice was lower down now.

The Prince was silent. So was sanyukta. You don't see a queen hesitant to speak daily, right?

"He had to go somewhere so I made her work at his place. " the Prince tell her.

"Explain this dress. " the Queen demanded.

Oh. So that's what pinching her the most. The dress.

"She didn't had her clothes here and I invited her to dine with me." His patience was reducing now. His gaze was demanding no further discussion. But then the queen decided to play lowly.

"Just don't let your father regret his decision." The Queen turn away after giving a disappointed look at him. It's been few days of him being a king and his mother is already disappointed just because he gave a girl a dress.

"Mother! " the Prince found it difficult to belive what he heard. But what he said sounded more like a warning than shock.

After a while prince eyes turned soft for s moment before they went back to hard.

"But you never doubted me ever before." there was a silent heart break in his voice.

"Maybe I should have." The Queen said and left.

Randhir didn't believe that his mother really said that. She doubt him. She really doubt his ability to become king.

Sanyukta remain silent because she could sense the burning rage inside randhir.

She thought it will be better to be quite but she couldn't move too.

Randhir run his hand through his hair and pull them at the end. He ran a finger along his collar as if he can't breath anymore. Even in rage he looked beautiful.

Wait. What was that sanyukta?

He slammed his palm flat on the table making sanyukta finch back. Her heart was in her throat. He use his other arm to slide over the table and all the utensil chinks with each other. Sanyukta eyes are wide as she notices his every move. But he is more fast.

Within seconds he flipped the table and all the dishes were down on the floor.

But that hot red soup find it better to land on her arm than the floor. She flinch as her skin burn by that hot sizzling soup. She flinched her hand away abruptly and the shawl fall down.

Randhir eyes fall on her bandages and her now burned hand. When she look up at him, she found him staring deep into her eyes.

Next moment, he blinked abruptly and left the hall while she stand there awkwardly. All alone.

But she couldn't help the tears that began falling across her cheeks before she quickly wipe them away.

Thank you so much.

Please vote vote vote

Suggestion and criticism both are welcome.