66.

"I'm always yours.." I told her truthfully looking in her eyes when suddenly I notice her eyes glistening.

"Don't lie to me." She whined and sob this time.

My heart pinched badly. That's the honest truth I have ever said and she think I'm telling a lie.

My head began to steam up. I notice my breath turning harsh.

I'm angry. I'm full of rage.

But this anger is not on her. It's on me who isn't even able to take a stand for his love and still claims to be a king.

I admit my ego was wounded but not as much as my heart.

My ego got scratches while my heart was tore apart.

There is no way I would let myself hurt her in my anger.

" I need to go." I told her keeping my voice in check. Something shifted in her eyes.

"Of course. You shouldn't have left her alone at the first place." She commented trying to show how much she is unaffected by this. It hurts me more when she looked away from me. The image of Aarav holding her face in still roaming in my mind.

Without saying anything I burst out if the room. I heard a bang of doors being shut forcefully.

At least she got something to take her anger out.

I made my way straight to the halls but I was stopped way too before.

"Where were you?" My mother voice caught me from back.

"You don't want to know." I stated without looking at her.

I didn't want to let out my anger on her either.

She must not push my buttons right now.

She must not.

"And why are you going to halls now, after leaving your fiance alone to roam around in the halls before?" Her question was striking.

"You will kill me if you know why I'm going back there." I shrugged my shoulders.

Her eyes turn skeptical.

"I'm going to call off this engagement." I stated and give her time to take that in.

She tilted her face as if still processing the information.

"You wouldn't dare." She warned me.

"Watch me then." I challenged her and turn around.

"What about our proposal?" She asked behind me.

I turn swiftly around within moments.

"You didn't mention this engagement in that proposal." I remind her.

"I think I did." She lied.

"You clearly said that I just have to stay away from her." I remind her again.

"And how can you stay away from your affairs? by marrying someone worthy." She smiled walking closer to me.

"You are changing your words, mother." I stated the facts.

"Only for your betterment, son." My mother touched my jaw.

I cringed back.

"What was that Randhir?" My mother eyes were sharp. I Clenched my jaw stoping myself from letting out my anger on her.

"You wanted me to attend the celebrations I did. You wanted me to stay away from sanyukta, I did. You called her in the celebrations, not me. I think I have done my part of job quite honestly and now I realised that I can't give false hopes of marriage to someone I don't even love." I tell her while avoiding raising my voice.

"Then tell me why did you visit her in the room?" She enquired.

"I was looking for yukt." I lied this time.

She kept looking at me and then nods.

I turn around to move again.

"Take one more step and I will go straight to her father." She called behind me.

My forehead was bursting now.

I rolled my eyes and look up.

"And just to let you know, he would be devastated to know that his daughter.."

"They are already struggling, mother. Leave them alone." Even after trying, my voice mange to turn into growl in the end.

" You leave her alone and I won't tell her father anything. And his job stay safe as it was." She reminds me her kind proposal.

"Exactly. Those were your words. You never mentioned the engagement." I Clenched my teeth.

"Now I'm. Don't you dare to do anything impulsive Randhir or it won't take me long to degrade her in the whole royal court right after you break the engagement." She warned me.

"You. Can't. Control..my life. Mother?" I was so close to hurting somebody badly.

"I'm just doing my responsibilities to raise a better king." She stated proudly.

"I wish you would have done something to raise your son." I spat before retreat to the same way I came.

I heard her calling my name but I was too enraged to hear anything.

Before I could turn to my room I saw a figure standing near her door.

"I think she would like to rest for a while." I commented walking closer to him.

Aarav turned to me and smirked.

"Actually she wanted to go for a walk and I wouldn't think it would be right to let her go alone." He keep smirking.

Then a small figure appear who was closing the door.

"Let's go.." her voice was weak and when she look up I saw her red eyes..

I Clenched my fist and try not to reach out to her. I was already angry and now I am burning I'm my own anger.

"Come." Aarav put his palm up. She hold his palm meekly and look up to me.

How dare he touch her? How dare she let him?

"Would you like to join?" She asked out of courtesy.

I look deep into her eyes.

"I think I would rather go and meet my close friend." I stated. "You remember Ariana, right?" I added and saw her eyes shine with pain.

Couldn't see any more of it, I left.