52.

I saw as she ran away from me. The tinkle of her anklets fading slowly.

"You had no right to talk so lowly about her." I growl at my mother who looked rather proud of what's she has done.

"You were being careless. It is the most crucial time of your life. You can't waste your life over a normal girl. You need to stop being a disappointment now. It's high time." My mother warned me and it made me laugh.

"Careless?  Disappointment?  " I couldn't believe I'm listening this after trying so hard. After sacrificing my happiness for my parents wants.

Suddenly her eyes changed and she come closer to me. Regret in her eyes.

"I care about you." She touched my face and I cringed back.

"You never did. You only care about the Prince of this Kingdom. You never really cared about your only son." I finally told her the things that had always hurt me from my childhood.

"It's not true." She looked baffled.

"It's only truth I have known from my childhood." I said and left her alone in the room. I have more important person to took care of.

As soon as I came out of the room my eyes searched all the area I could see.

"Close all the doors of the palace. Nobody should be able to escape. Nobody comes in and nobody goes out." I ordered when I went to her room to check.

Nothing.

"Search for her. Not a single corner must be left of this whole palace." I commanded.

I knew how eager she was to leave. But what she had to heard from the Queen today would have broke her really bad. It's her father for whom she did all of this and my mother just happen to pick up the best nerve to hurt her this time.

I personally checked the royal court, garden, kitchen, store room, library, study room.  But there was no trance of her.

I was turning frustrated now. The Queen had to ruin the best day of my life like this. It's still feels like a dream. I couldn't even enjoyed the moment fully..I could have hold her for longer. I could have kiss her for hundred times more. I could have feel her close to me..

I could have been happy and at peace for longer.

But no.  It all had to be ruined.

I angrily made my way to the throne. The people, ministers and the servants bowed down when I enter.

"Where is she?" I couldn't help the rage coming out of my voice.

When nobody answered..

"I asked where. Is..she? "I asked slowly this time and got no answer.

"Maybe she realise this is not her place. " a male voice came from the crowd.

"And who you are to say that" I was ready to kill. I palmed the handle of my dagger.

"We are the well wishers of this Kingdom and we all know this is not the place where she belong. " another man said.

"She is the only person who deserve to be here. Not all bribed dumb ministers that all we got" I stood up from my throne and walked down.

"Dismiss the royal court. I have important work. " I informed as I walked out.

"This is wrong. " I heard a voice behind me.

It made me turn furiously.

"For a king. Nothing can be more important that the kingdom." A minister complaint.