61.

I regretted it the second I step inside the hall. The dark red carpet spread all over the floor. The hall was crowded but I could notice a crowd around the Queen who laughed with her friends. When I step more further, the sound of my anklets began to fade away in the notice of crowd. My heart thud in my ribs with each step I took. I was wearing a blood red gown which reached down full length. I wore no jwellery except a pin that hold my open locks in place.

I don't count my anklets as a jwellery. It's more like my body part.

I'm never complete without them.

I walked further in the crowd still thinking why I even decide to come here at first place.

I had no idea. I still don't know why I'm here.

That's one of the lie I'm telling myself recently. Being locked in my room for the whole afternoon and evening all I did was blame myself and curse Randhir and the Queen for being so mean to me.

For once I even thought about running away for the hundredth time but then I tell myself that I'm strong enough to handle it.

I don't want to be a coward.

One is enough.

I make my way to a corner when the crowd turn to look at me. I was about to choke on my breath before I notice they were looking behind me. Letting out a sigh of relief I too turn to look.

Oh god. I wish I didn't.

The prince entered in his full glory with his arm wrapped around his fiance. He still had his pride on his face but his eyes, his eyes looks different.

His eyes were wavering, as if searching for something.

Or for someone.

I continue to look at him until his eyes shoot to mine and I forgot to breathe. His black coat matched with his dark black eyes as they look at me darkly.

I notice his eyes moving down my body before they return back up. I felt self concious before I took a glance at his fiance. Now I'm insecure too.

Before turning away I stole a last glance at him only to found his gaze shifted to my right.

Where the queen was.

On looking to my right I found the queen glaring daggers at me while I just stand there asking myself only one thing.

Why, for sake of heaven, I came here?

Shaking my head a little I make my way more into the crowd with the intention to disappear.

But...

"So I see you finally showed up." The Queen followed me closely behind. I didn't want to turn. I didn't want to.

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked her turning to her.

She was smirking. I hate it.

"It must have hurt bad to know that you have watering the fake plant for that long?" She commented. Then chuckles.

Will I be jailed if I pulled her hair or something?

"Same as realising it wasn't water which I had been giving to my real plants but poison." I retorted and leave.

"What do you mean?" She called out. I so wanted to tell her what she had done to her own son. But it's not my place.

Not anymore.

"Nothing. Just... congratulations." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Congratulations? What happen to your dreams about being a queen?" She laughed darkly.

I smiled. To show the crowd that we are really having a happy conversation.

So smilingly I said.

"If being a queen means to adore my jewelleries, making merry with my friends and control wishes on my child, then thanks..I'm okay not to be a Queen." I smile widely at the end. To make it more impactful I ended it with a little bow and leave.

I was surprised when she didn't call the security on me to imprison me.

I am aware she is not going to live me in peace for this. Maybe I have only this night to enjoy.

I was walking mindlessly before I bumped into some one.

When I look up I found him to be the same person who bumped into Yukt this morning.

"I don't think the rumours have done the justice with your beauty." His husky voice rang in my ear.

I was about to choke on my own breath.

I looked down at my plane gown. No jewelleries. No hairstyle.

When I didn't respond for few more moments, he chuckle.."a 'thank you' will do."

That's so impolite of me.

"Umm. My apology. Thank you." I tuck my hairs back feeling a little nervous.

"God. I have never seen such a beauty before." He mumbled and I know I wasn't supposed to hear that.

I didn't look up but notice his wrinkle free blue suit, with a dark red rose in his pocket.

I love roses.

He caught me staring at his flower. He smiled before he tuck it off his coat.

"Lucky flower." He whispered before he came forward and tuck it in my hair.

I felt warned. That was such a sweet gesture.

"Thank you." I chipped shyly.

"You might not believe if I say it but you have definitely made the flower look more beautiful." He show his dimples.

God. He is smooth. Must have practiced it many times.

"Sanyukta." I introduce myself forwarding a hand knowing that he know about me already.

"Aarav." His voice was dense. I waited for more introduction but he just smile.

That's all I guess.

"You staying longer for the celebrations right?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Your brother said you were ill"

Oh I totally forgot about that.

"Yeah I guess I will be leaving soon now. Must leave right now actually." I said turning to leave.

"Hope to see you again." He called behind me.

That's never gonna happen.

I turn to him and smiled before leaving.

Turning around the corner of the hall I took a glimpse of the prince. The sight to him being with his bride made my mind dizzy.

The crowd was increasing. Whole Kingdom was invited. Whole palace was packed.

Passing through the crowd in between spaces I finally reached the back garden of the palace. Taking a deep breath I enjoy the silence of being away from people. No sounds. No people. No...

"Finally found you again." A deep voice said behind me.

I turn around only to gasp in shock.

"Asher."