chapter 67

I torture my tongue all the way to the garden.

Ariana.

At one point I thought my tongue is going to bleed any moment now.

I can't remove their image from my eyes. I was just teasing him when I started that but I had no idea that he would take it this far that now he is going back to his old lover.

Lover? But he said he love me.

Maybe I'm thinking too much..

He won't go back to Ariana. He was just messing up with me.

I hope he is. I really hope he is.

"Do you want to sit here?" I suddenly remembered I wasn't alone here. I look up to my side to found Aarav smiling at me. But the smile didn't feel right.

"Yes." I nodded taking a seat on the green grass.

"You are going to ruin your dress. Let's sit over the benches there." He complained annoyingly.

Umm. That was awkward.

"But I'm fine with it." I said trying to fix my dress.

But maybe he don't want to ruin his suit by sitting on the grass.

"Umm. We will sit on the benches if you want.." He eagerly gave me a hand to help me stand.

We walked to benches and I noticed him swiping his finger on the bench before rubbing the dust between his fingers.

"Let's keep walking, can we?" He asked me irritated.

"Sure." I nodded.

Have I done a mistake? Why do I have to stuck up with all the weird males.

That's all what I really needed to complete this perfect day.

If I ever publish a book on my life, this whole chapter would be highlighted.

And it would be named.

Things I did only to regret.

"Why are you smiling?" Aarav asked right at that moment sounding grumpy.

What's wrong with him?

When I look up at him, I automatically smile widely.

"Nothing just thinking about.... Life."  I chuckled again.

I saw his eyes irk a little.

"You have dimple on only one side." That wasn't a statement..that was a complaint.

I suddenly get very self conscious all of a sudden.

I stopped smiling.

But we both continue to walk. My anklets tinkling with my steps.

I glanced sideways at him.

My instincts just didn't felt right.

I still walk slowly dragging my feet on cool grass. I felt nice when it tickles. My heels still dangling from my fingers.

"Are you cold?" He asked me walking closer.

"But it feel nice." I tell him truthfully.

"Have you always wanted to be part of the royal court?" He tilted his head a little.

I lick my lips a little. " Never." I avoid smiling.

The tinkle of my anklets stop as I stumbled over a small rock and landed on my elbows.

God. That's so embarrassing.

I close my eyes shut when I feel two big hands lifting me up from my waist.

"God! Are you alright?" He examine my arms quickly until they reach my elbow.

That's just a scratch.

"Let's fix this." He pull my arm a little.

"But its alright." I tried to pull my arm back.

"No. I don't want it to leave a scar behind." He explained.

Was that care or was that insanity I smell here?

"It will be alright." I tried again but he didn't let go of my hand.

With one quick pull he snatched me up to him.

"I think I made myself very clear that I don't want any scar on your body." His demeanor wasn't sane anymore. In fact I don't think this is the person I came for walk with.

"Aarav.."

"It's your highness for you." He eyes shine with authority. It made me gulp.

I wait a little in hope that he will say that he was kidding.

But when that didn't happen, I cringe and struggle to pull away.

"Let me go." My heart was beating fast when I push hard at his chest.

"You think I can't see what's going on between you two." His voice was harsh.

And I stopped struggling.

"What are you..." I began but he stop me.

"I can create enough trouble in the way for him to be a king." He threatened me..

What's wrong with him?

Who is he?

He is really not the person I came here with.

There is no way he would have approached me to walk with me if he knew about us.

"What doto you want from me?" I Clench my teeth and pull myself back from him.

His grip get tight around me.

"I will be gone before the morning."

Thank god.

"I will leave a gift for you and I need you to accept it. " He ended.

That's all?

"Why?" I asked.

"Just accept it." He commanded.

I searched for some hint in his eyes but only found a overpride king who wants what he wants.

"And remember, I don't want to see any scar on your body." He inch his face closer to me but I cringed more than I cringed at the way he said body.

What he is going to do to me? What gift? What's happening?

His eyes glanced at my bandaged neck for a moment before letting me go all of a sudden making me stumble back.

"See you soon." He nodded.

No way in hell I'm meeting him ever again.

But why did his hard stare seems so promising about us meeting again.

As he turn his back around I was left alone in the cold dark night.

Lifting my gown up at little I ran from there with my heart beating fast. Tears burning in my eyes and sob threatening to come out. I ran and ram straight to where my feet take me.

With tears sliding down my eyes I pushed open his doors.

Nothing.

Empty.

A quick reminder in my head blinked a name Ariana.

Wiping off my tears I closed the doors behind me and walked closer to his empty bed.

Reaching out I touched the soft maroon sheets. Getting up on the bed I inch closer to his pillow.

It's smells just like him..

His scent made me tear up again.

Why do we had to end up like this?

With that thought in my mind I lowered myself down on his bed until I'm laying on it. Bringing his pillow closer to me, I slept burying my face in it.