Left out

School's actually been going pretty well for me . Everything's going as I planned . Even though I made at least two friends ( Girls ) I've kept my promise . No girls no feelings and definitely no crushes .

Ignoring the idea about falling for Jenny worked pretty well . The teasing reduced and so did the pressure... eventually I got free . Though some one or two mates won't let it go .

The siren sang in my ears with its piercing echoes again . Sometimes I just want to smash that thing with a hammer .

Mark and I stood under the tree close to the Economics class , opposite the school's dinning hall . " You guys are always together " Hannah smiled and sat on the bench ( lovers bench )

Yeah...Hannah . She's the second girl who somehow became my friend because Mark likes her and wouldn't stop forcing me to go wherever he goes . Especially when it has to deal with girls .

Oooh  now I get it...when I'm around , it makes it easier for him to talk to girls . Clearly he's not so brave after all .

Mark , you sly boy .

What does it matter?...the semester is almost over . I did it ! Yes ! No girls !
I'm jubilating over not making friends with any girl for four months...Just like an imbissle .

" Yeah " I nodded slowly . I stared at them talk to each other .

It's been 20 minutes and they're still talking and I'm just standing there looking . Do they even realize I'm still standing with them . It's like I'm not even there ... Did I turn invisible or something ?

My heart feels heavy and my mind goes blank not knowing why I'm even standing with them . Another familiar feeling...being left out .

I walked past them unnoticed .

They didn't even see me leave . Wow that's so painful .

I turned to look at Mark and a single thought made me want to laugh . I huffed . He thinks she likes him too . She doesn't... Hannah's just nice to everyone . I thought she liked him till she personally told me she didn't .

Shoving my hands back in my pockets and forcing a fake smile as the other boys passed by , I walked aimlessly under the trees , around the canteen then back .

At least Mark knows how to make a move . He's taking chances unlike me who's scared to try at all .

" The sun's really hot today " I looked up ..." But why do I feel so cold on the inside "....Another emotional side effect . That's the feeling of loneliness and being left out .

The memories of my past flashed before my eyes .

Junior High School ...
2 weeks before graduation ...

I sat behind David and Helen and studied . Helen whispered something into his ears that made him nervous...then he wrote something on a paper for her to read .