Bonus Chapter Four

Donny's POV

"Dude, all I said was that I didn't want her to sit with us," I said, "It's not like she would want me around her friends."

The other guys cheered from the other side of the room, celebrating today's victory. Jaden pulled his shirt over his head, and stared back at me as if I were in the wrong. I raised one eyebrow.

"Don't tell me you're on her side," I said. I was tired of everyone always siding with my girlfriend. Everyone I talked to today — Brendon, Emmett, Dani, even Claire agreed with Laura. In fact, every time we got into a fight, they believed her instead of me. And I thought I was their best friend.

"All I'm saying is that the girl is usually right," Jaden said. "Happy wife, happy life."

I groaned, leaning against my half-open locker. "Why does she get to step all over me? Dude, I can't even make a joke without her getting mad at me."

"That's just how it is. Girls are weird." He slammed his locker shut. I sighed. Jaden had been in a relationship for, like, two years now. Maybe three? I didn't know. But it was a long time. So obviously he was kind of good at talking to girls.

I grabbed my backpack and closed my locker. The bat sticking out of the bag bobbed against my head as we walked. Jaden's sneakers squeaked against the floor. It made me want to throw him out the window.

"How's Sarah, anyways?" I asked.

He shrugged. "She's good." I nodded. I wished Laura was good. We were always so close. And now she didn't even want to look at me.

"What's wrong with Laura, dude?" I asked, "Why is she being like this?"

He snapped his fingers. He knew what was wrong. "She's totally on her period, dude. Sarah's being pissy, too!"

Relief crossed my body. "You're totally right."

Suddenly, a hand slapped my shoulder. Brendon leaned against us. He must've gotten out of tennis right after us.

"Right about what?" he asked.

"Laura and Sarah are both totally on their periods," I announced. The guys walking behind us chuckled at the statement. Thankfully, we were mature enough to say the word without laughing. Immature losers.

Brendon raised one eyebrow. "How do you know?"

"They're both being bitchy," Jaden explained.

Brendon's other eyebrow joined the first. "Girls can be bitchy for other reasons."

I scoffed. "Like what?"

"Did you do something to piss her off?"

"I just told her that I don't want her sitting with my friends at lunch. That's all."

"Bro, you're so unbelievably stupid sometimes," Brendon removed his hands from our shoulders and rubbed his forehead. I guess he had some other ideas.

Jaden rolled his eyes and held the door open for us. The cold April wind slammed into my face. "So what's wrong with them?" Jaden asked.

"Uh, I don't know about Sarah. But Laura's probably just upset."

"Well if you know so much about girls, why don't you tell me how to fix it?" I asked.

He pulled on his windbreaker, stretching his arms in front of us. He always wore that stupid windbreaker. It had his name emblazoned on the front, along with his sport (varsity tennis). I respected the sport and all, but having an official team jacket was a little much.