⭐️Prologue: Missing Onii-Chan💧

Y/n was trembling in her spot gripping onto her fox plush as she looked around the area close by. She had ended up losing her Onii-chan in the large crowd of people while she was secretly following him. 

Last time he went to what is known as the Hunter Exam, she was left behind with his friend Illumi for months. But this time she wasn't with Illumi and got stuck with someone else entirely, a random sitter that Y/n couldn't remember the name of

So she snuck out and secretly followed her Onii-chan to go with him and surprise him, but that ended in the result of her getting lost...

She sniffed and wiped her tears as she cried. The strangers would ignore the child as they felt as if someone else would be willing to deal with taking care of the child and her issues.

As the girl was crying, not far back was a group of 3 males, who were following behind the Navigator, who was taking them to what was known as the Hunter exam, a yearly event which an applicant must pass in order to become a hunter, an elite member of humanity and a part of the hunter association. As the group was walking past the stores, the youngest of the group was looking at the different stalls.

"Hey wanna try one!" One of the people in the stand said showing the boy the frogs that had been cooked on a skewer. "It's Zaban's famous Panda-Frog-On-A-Stick!" He smiled "It's a true delicacy" 

"This brooch was excavated from Zaban's underground palace." A woman told the small boy, showing it off.

As he went from store to store, excited to see what everyone was selling, he soon noticed at the end, in the background was a girl, who was holding a giant fox plushie in her arms as she cried. 

The boy quickly went past the stores and up to the crying girl. She looked about 5 or 6, with her h/c in pig tails and big e/c eyes that were filled with tears.

"Hey are you okay?" The male asked the small girl as he bend down to her height. She gripped onto her plushie tighter as her eyes looked into the boys.

"N-no..." She sniffed. "I lost my Onii-Chan..." She told him as large tears fell down the sides of her face. "I wanted to surprise him that I was with him, t-then I lost him in the big crowd!"

"I'll help you find him." He smiled at the girl, hoping she would calm down a bit. "My name is Gon!"

"Y-y/n..." She replied softly as she slowly started to calm down. She smiled at him a bit as she wiped her tears with her hand - trying not to get the salty tears or the snot on the orange fox plush.

"Gon!" Two males called out and ran over to the boy, who was known as Gon. As they got to the male, they noticed the small girl, who was now cowering behind Gon from seeing them.

"Who is she?" The male with blonde hair questioned the young boy who smiled at him

"This is Y/n-chan, she lost her brother so I wanted to help look for him." Gon smiled at his friends as the girl slowly left her hiding spot behind the twelve year old.

The blonde haired male bend down to look at the small girl. "My name is Kurapika, where was the last time you saw him, and do you know where he was going?"

"Well, Mr Kurapika... I saw him here and Onii-chan said he was going to Hunter Exam." That comment surprised them, her brother was taking her to the hunter exam, where she could have possibility die from the challenges. The trio looked at each other.

"Oh this is where you all went." Another male, who looked a lot older than the trio who approached Y/n earlier.

"Y/n-chan we can take you to your brother! We are going there!" Gon said, not thinking about the fact that the hunter exam is very dangerous. 

Y/n's eyes lit up and nodded. "Thank you Gon-kun!" Gon took her hand as the group started to follow the navigator again.

"Gon, as you are sure it's a good idea for her to come along." Kurapika whispered over to Gon who held Y/n's hand, as she held her plushie's paw and dragging it a bit as they were heading to the location.

Gon nodded his head. "Y/n needs to see her brother and it's better than being lost here!" Kurapika nodded and let out a soft sigh, hoping that her brother would make sure she stays safe.

"I believe that is the building." The male pointed to a building as they reached their destination, making the four stares at it in amazement.

"It's so Tall!" Gon said looking at it in amazement. "It's pretty!" Y/n yelled as she stared at it in amazement. 

"So, this is the exam site..." Leorio was impressed and looked at the tall building. "This is what draws..." "...Hunter applicants around the world" Kurapika finished Leorio's sentence, and before the 4 entered the Navigator called for them.

"It's over here" The Navigator pointed to a different building, next to the building they were looking at.

They slowly looked at stared at it, hoping he was wrong. The building was covered in vines and it was quite old, it was a restaurant.

"Wait this isn't funny." leorio said as they all headed over to the navigator. "Isnt that a normal restaurant?" "You can't possibly mean that hunter Applicants around the world come here..."

"I do..." They looked at the Restaurant, As they entered, y/n gripped onto Gon's hand and looked up at him. He smiled at her, making her smile back slightly.

They entered the restaurant and the Navigator said to the person who was working there. "Is the back room open?" He looked at the 5 people at the entrance and asked. "What will you be having?" "Steak combo that opens your eyes to the light. For three." Y/n looked at the navigator and held her hand up. "I want one too!"
"Alright." The Navigator smiled a bit. "For four then..."

"How would you like them?" The worker looked at the Navigator expecting an answer. "Grilled over a low flame until it's cooked" The navigator smiled towards the chef. "Go it, let yourself into the back room" The worker looked away and continued to make his food.

They followed the Navigator to an empty room with a table and 3 chairs. "Wait here" The group looked around the room for a bit and noticed no one else was there. "Wait? Where are the other applicants?" Leorio asked while Gon said "I can't wait for that steak combo" Gon smiled, excited to get the food.

"Gon, that was just the password to get us inside." Kurapika explained. Y/n let go of Gon's hand and went to a seat and pulled herself up onto it and sat on the chair while placing her fox plush on the seat beside her. "Oh, so we don't get to eat" Gon replied and pouted a bit at the fact they weren't going to get the steak.

"One in every thousand..." The trio of males looked at the Navigator. "Thats how many people get this far..." " You've done well for new timers... Well good luck." As he left, he said.

"Thanks!" Gon smiled and held his hand out for the Navigator to shake it. He smiled and took Gon's hand and shook it. "I'll be very happy to serve as your navigator next year..." He said finally, while smiling, as he now left.

The room started to shake and slowly started to go down. As the elevator went down Gon sat in the chair next to Y/n who was humming to herself, excited to see her Onii-Chan soon.

~~~~~~~~~~

This book is just a cute book I wanted to add on to my hoard Of HXH books (and I NEEDED a child reader book somewhere XD)

Edit 1: For those who don't realize, this is Platonic [as it says in the description!]

~
24 September 2020 [Original Publishing on Quotev]
5 October 2020 [Published on Wattpad]
17-19 January 2023 [Edited]