The mistake

I'm standing at my locker waiting for Kingston. I guess not really waiting for him just hoping we could talk or something.

I'm feeling pretty good. I got on a pair of tight dark skinny jeans and a black quarter sleeve blouse with simple black heels  I curled my long blonde hair and put on makeup which I hardly ever do.

"damn girl you look sexy." stacy says standing next to me pulling her locker open.  "thanks I'm trying to impress I guess" I laugh, Shoving the last bit of garbage into the trash looking at my now empty locker it hits me! "this is it so long high school." I whisper to no one but stacey responds "may we never come back" she  salutes we talke for a few minutes before the bell rings, as the bell rings I see Kingston and on his arm I see a tall brunette with big perky boobs wearing a crop top,  figure she's hanging all over him. he has his hand in her back pocket and she's holding on to his arm with a shit eating grin, great I think to myself this is not how I imagined this would go.

He walks right past us and doesn't say a word he glances at me and keeps looking ahead, he didn't wave, no smirk nothing. "what!  how do I even take this?" I turn around and look at Stacy and Stacy just looks at me.

"we better get to class." she says. I slammed my locker door and head to class. "You don't need him, look at you anyone would be luck to just get a chance with you! Forget this fish there are plenty more." I smile at my best friend because she has no idea the bond we shared that night. I I stupid to feel special like I was any different.

School was uneventful it's more of a good bye day after what I seen this morning I'm so glad the day is coming to a end I'm not going to miss anyone but stacey.

It's been 3 weeks since  me and Kingston. We havent talked or even made eye contact, we barely glanced at each other when we see each other out and when we do it's just awkward.  it's so aggravating.

I guess he's with the brunette haired bimbo. her name is Holly she's actually pretty nice but they've been seen together exclusively now for 3 weeks, since me and him. it hurts a little but I guess now I know where we stand so it's time for me to move on and that's what me and Stacy plan to do today we're going to go shopping and have a girls night.

This is the third store me and Stacy has been to this evening. we are on the hunt for a perfect graduation dress and I'm over it.

They had to push back graduation due to some gas leak. I guess better late than never right?

I'm sitting in the chair waiting for her when I feel someone staring at me, I look up from my phone and see it's Kingston. we hold eye contact for a minute before I break it by looking back at my phone.

What does he want I wonder. I hear Stacy call my name so I walk over to the dresssing room "I think this is the one" she says walking out. "Oh my gosh Stacy that green looks amazing on you."  The dress is sequence green with thin straps and goes to her knees her red hair and green eyes makes the dress pop.  "I'm getting it then, it's a done deal." She says walking back in the dressing room.

I walk back out to the waiting area when I see Kingston sitting in my seat. I think about running but I don't want to look stupid.

"Hey Ayda" he says. "Oh are you taking to me now?" I couldn't help myself I just snapped.

"Look I'm sorry what happened between us, it shouldn't have happened it was a mistake."

Wait did he just say mistake! To say that hurt was an understatment. He keeps talking, "it's just that Holly and I were talking we were friends with ya know then we got close and she ask me, well dropped a bomb on me, if we were ever going to be an item for reasons I'm can yet wrap.my head around but I said let's try it, then you happened and I'm so sorry for it I think you are great and beautiful but I have to make it right with Holly and try. He looks at me playing with the fabric of a white dress.

Is he serious! a mistake that's all I can think how could he say that? I'm so angry I want to just lashout. he sounds stupid right now.

"Yeah No problem! a stupid mistake." I say in the most discustful way possible as I shake my head yank the dress out of his hand and walk away.

I go into the dressing room lock the door and let the tears fall, I'm so stupid that I thought the quarter back, the  popular guy at the school shared something special with me that night over a month ago.

"Ayda are you okay" Stacy says knocking on the door. I wipe my eyes and hold the dress up that Kingston was playing with, I clear my voice "yeah I'm fine I may need you to zip this don't go anywhere." I strip and pull on the dress and walk out. Stacy smiles at me and whispers "he's stupid if he don't want you because even I want you." she kissed me on the cheek. "Thanks love" I hug her.

I turn and look at myself. The dress is white lace and form fitting it goes to my knees and has a high neckline I'm in love with it! Might be the best thing he's ever done for me, I laugh to myself.