The Message

It's late at night I'm awake because I feel sick I know I'm going to throw up so I'm sitting on the bathroom floor after a few minutes of praying and feeling horrible I finally throw everything up and get back in bed, I'm so shakey I turn the tv on and pull out my phone.

I see I have a message, oh crap it's from Kingston! I open it, I read it like four times. Is he serious right now! He is sorry and had a crap day what a fucking fool. He has no idea what kind of day I was having and had he gave me a chance he would have heard what I had to say.

This message is like a week or so ago so I don't bother to respond i already know what he wants to ask me after seeing kaisley it was only a matter of time, after what Stacey has told me it sounds like he has his hands full with a new baby so maybe he has forgotten about me.

Today I have a doctor's appointment I'm 5 months and other than the morning and night sickness everything is going good the babies are really healthy so far.

I still haven't contact Kingston and he hasn't tried either so I figured he has dropped it. I do see kaisley a lot she now studies at the library most days. It's just out of the norm but then again we are college students now not high schoolers.

I walk into the doctors building and head to the elevators, I catch an empty one and hit floor three the doors are about to close when a hand stops the doors. I look up to ask what floor when I see Kingston just starting at me. Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh.

"Ayda, it's good to see you, ah oh look at you." He says running his hand through his hair, I see he has a carseat in his hands. "Have you got my message yet?"  "Oh my gosh Kingston who is this little sweet baby?" I ask dogging his question.

"Oh this is maverick he is four months old, I see we are headed to the same place." He says pointing out the obvious.  "Well he is just the cutest" i say rubbing the babys head.

The elevator doors open thank gosh we both walk off into the office together, it kinda felt good for a short second before I feel like his big mistake.

I sign in and have a seat and guess who takes a seat right next to me, yep the one and only Kingston. I busy myself in my phone but it doesn't work.

"So are you going to pretend we didn't have a great night a few months back? are we going to act like strangers now?

Is he serious I tried talking to him after but he decided holly was who he wanted to be with.

I point to myself, "who me? I didn't know that night a few months ago mattered to you? And I did try to talk to you but you blew me off like I didn't matter and yeah I guess we are kinda strangers."

"That's bull shit and you know it, we had something special and you don't know the whole story but you never called me I know you got my message it showed it was read, so tell me who you been sleeping with and where is the father to this baby, why are you here by your self?" He whispers in my ear and it sounds hateful.

"Ayda maze" the nusre calls out at just the right time. I smile at him standing up, congratulations on baby maverick he is adorable. "Ayda he says but I just keep walking.

The doctors visit went great and I even got new pictures to show off, once again Kingstons mom was my ultrasound tech. I'm starting to feel guilty and I wont be able to hide it from him much longer.

When I walk back out Kingston is no where in sight and I feel a bit of relief I'm not ready to do this today.

It's been a crazy evening at work but one of my favorite nights of the week.  I read and set up a show here at the library for the kids in the community every Tuesday evening. The story went over good with the kids along with the felt bored it's always fun for them. I enjoyed my time with all the kiddos.

I'm cleaning up and putting away the books when the desk bell rings I walk to the counter and see kaisley and she has the baby. My heart skips a beat I want to hold him so bad he is so precious although I can't decide who he looks like, he looks a lot like holly.

"Hey Ayda, just here to check these out and return this one." She hands me the anatomy book back. "Thank you" I say taking the book from her and logging it in."so how are you guys adjusting  with the new baby?" I ask her curious  what's in store for me.

"Its been different but good, we all just pitch in, we are so crazy that Kingston moved home to be the best dad he can be you know." She says looking down at my belly.

She places the baby down on the counter and gets him out. "He is adorable." I say lost in his dark eyes, he has dark hair and is a very tan baby. "Want to hold him?" She ask.  At first I wasn't going to then he started to fuss." I didn't even think about it I reached my hands and took the baby.

I put him up on my Breast his feet resting on my bump he roots around on me, I patt his bottom and sing lightly. He stops immediately.

"Oh my gosh he must like you because he cries a lot unless hes with Kingston and well you." She says.

This feels so good I don't know why but I don't want to let him go he feels so right on my chest and the babies are kicking him it's the best feeling ever.

I smile at her. "I could snug this baby all day." I tell her truthfully rubbing his back.