Wish Me Luck

It looked bad. Like really bad. Camden and I alone in his bedroom, at a party, both of us looking flustered and nervous. Part of me didn't know whether to run or protect Camden from the heat of Evan's glare. 

In a split second Evan has a harsh grip on my upper arm, dragging me away from the boy I made out with seconds ago and yells, "I found her!" 

Kyle and Cole turn the hallway and lock eyes with me, their expressions more maintained-most likely aware of the people who have paused and now staring. 

"The little brat was in there with Camden!" Evan seethes, his sharp glare now on me. If I could kick him I would but he was holding me in such a way that my movement was seriously restricted. 

"Evan stop, people are staring!" I whisper, avoiding eye contact with the 2 other brothers that now stood in front of me. 

"Shut up. And what the fuck are you wearing Ella?!" He silences me, smacking me upside the head and pointing to my dress. 

"We can do this somewhere else, let's go" Kyle's firm voice rang in a low tone from above me. I was still looking at the ground, too embarrassed to face all the eyes on us. Of course we were caught, I knew this would happen. I wanted so badly to yell at them, to make them understand that yes, I like him. Their baby sister likes a boy. But of course that would do me no good, I could hardly control my temper let alone trust in my older brothers to keep their cool after all the ideas of what Camden and I supposedly did in his room swarmed their heads. 

I assumed Camden had appeared behind me because Cole stepped aside and gestured for him, "You. Get over here."

He approached us and Cole reached forward, grabbing him by his collar and pushed him harshly against the wall opposite from us, "I don't have the stupidity to beat you up in your own home, but just wait until I see you at school. This isn't over Halt." He pushed him once more before turning to me. I instantly shrunk back at the severity of his glare. 

He looked like he could kill with his clenched jaw and dark, piercing eyes no longer their calm shade of grey-blue. Jesus he didn't even see what happened, and he's already fuming. I think just the idea of me with a boy-that they have specifically made clear not to be around- in his bedroom, wearing a short, revealing dress (their eyes, not so much in mine) was enough to have them connect the dots. But how much trust do they have in me? I didn't come here for sex and they should know that. I turn my gaze to Camden, his face calmer than I'd expected. He fixed his shirt and returned my sympathetic look mouthing an 'I'm sorry'.

The moment dies before I can even reply when Evan yanks my arm, dragging me through the house following Cole and Kyle. People immediately separate, still gawking at us, while others are too drunk to notice. 

I hear continuous pieces of conversations and whispering around me, but my focus is set on the deathly grip Evan still has on my hand. 

"I can walk on my own." I mumble, trying to pull my arm away from his grasp.

His jaw ticked. "Ya so you can run away with your little boyfriend again? I don't think so Ella."

I stared at him in disbelief as we exited the entryway of the house, my arm was definitely going to be bruised after this. As soon as we step out of the house, my eyes catch sight of Brynn wandering around in his front yard. What the hell was she doing out here? 

She saw us and immediately stumbled over. "Oh my god Ella there you are!" Her speech sounded slurred and I mentally cringed at how disoriented she seemed. This was going to be good.

"Brynn, hey, how much did you drink? You can't drive like this." I said grabbing her shoulders in an effort to stabilize her. Evan slowly released my arm and studies her, slowly glancing back and forth between me and Brynn.