Chapter 6: You're drooling over me

Cassandra POV

"Why are you running away yesterday, Cupcake?" I heard a hoarse voice behind me.

"Cupcake?" I repeated the last word silently. The voice sound familiar. I spun my body instantly looking for the source. I was terrified of the sight in front of me.

He leaned on the wall with his hand tugged in his pocket. He dressed in black jeans and a blue Polo shirt that hugged his toned body perfectly.

"Smart as always", I praised inaudibly.

"You are drooling over me again," he smirked.

"I-I'm not." I protested even though I indeed was.

"That is okay, Cupcake. I love it when you look at me like that." He confessed arrogantly.

"What do you want from me?" Now, I was terrified of this person that claimed himself as 'Carlos Gonzales', the hero that I created in my book.  I looked around at the surrounding; I silently scolded myself for not taking Uber from the cafe. It was dark and was Scarlet having dinner with her friend. I refused to join them as I will be busy working on my new book.

"Why are you walking alone? Don't you know it is dangerous to be outside alone at night?" Instead of answering my question, he interrogated me like an old man.

"It's none of your business. I don't see any danger here. My only danger is you." I spat and I noticed it kind of make him not happy. His eyes darken and he prowled towards me like some kind of predator. I walked backward, scared of him.

"It will be a beautiful danger, Cupcake." Now, a smile crept on his face. I was confused by the quick change. Does he suffer from bipolar that make him changed in a second?

"Stop moving," I yelped and rose my hand motioned him to stop but he wouldn't. I turned around in an attempt to escape but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me till my back touched the wall behind me. I don't know what was going on in a short time. He pinned both of my hands on the top of my head on the wall.

"No, no, what are you doing? Let me go," I said, petrified. His face moved closer to me and he bends his body to level with mine.

"Sshhhh, silent, Cupcake. I will not do anything to you." He said tried to calm me.

"What do you want from me? Please don't do anything to me, please." I pleaded. The bad memory from my past played in my mind which was the worst memory that I really want to erase from my life. If it was a book, I will tear it off and burn it to ashes.

"I told you, I will not do anything to you. I just want to talk to you." He said and this time his voice softened.

"But I don't have anything to talk to you." I spilled the words carefully, worried that I might trigger him again.

"You will have a lot of things to talk to me. You just didn't realize about it, yet." I squirmed wanted him to release his grip but failed.

"Can you let me go? You are hurting me." The tears welled up in my eyes. I hate myself for being so weak but I can't help it.

"I'm sorry," I was a bit shocked when he apologized. He immediately let me go. I rubbed my wrist to ease the pain.

"I meant what I said; I want to talk to you. Can we-" Before he could finish his sentence, I cut him off.

"No, I don't know you and I don't want to know anything about you. You're lying about your name. You must know from somewhere that I was the writer who wrote the book and the meeting in the café was planned by you. Am I right?" I said everything in a breath.

"Why do you think that I'm lying?" I noticed his upset eyes.

"You can't be real. I mean that is a character that I created in my book. What do you want from me? Don't hurt me," I pleaded as the memory from the past suddenly disturbed my mind.

"I'm sorry if I make you scared. Please know that I don't have any intention to scare you or hurt you. That will never in my list." He stepped away, leaving a gap between us but still standing in front of me with his eyes fixed on my face.

"Please go away. I don't want to see you anymore."

"Listen, I-" I didn't wait for him to finish his sentence. I sprinted away from the place and ran as fast as I could. At times like this, I was grateful for Scarlet's bad habit of being late every morning; it helped me in this kind of situation.

He mumbled something even though he noticed that I was running away from him. Actually, he could catch me but I think he purposely let me go.

"Remember, Cupcake. You can run away from me because I allow you to." He enunciated every single word that caused me to cringe.

"You can't escape from me next time!" I heard his voice echoed in my ears.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤