Chapter 22: Be my girfriend

Carlos POV

I agreed to bring her back home as she doesn't want to go to the hospital but I still called my doctor to come and check on her condition. I want to make sure that everything is fine with her, and I was relieved when the doctor said that she just needs some rest to recover.

I sat near her on her bed. She was in a deep sleep. I took out the pink paper from her bag earlier and read the message again. I snapped the picture and send it to our group chat which Miguel, Tristan, and Manuel were there. I briefly told them what happened and asking their help to find the culprit. I'm sure it was someone from the company. I need to find the person that hurts her and brings harm to her.

Cassandra POV

I wanted to drink some water as I felt the sharp pain in my throat. My eyes immediately gazed at the arms that wrapped my body securely. I know who that was without the need to look at his face. I heard the light snore from him. His face looked tired and I don't want to disturb his sleep.

I stared at his mesmerizing face and slowly allowing my fingers to run on his face; from his brows, his nose, cheeks, his chin, and lastly his lips. I brushed his lips with my thumb like how he did to me once in the lift. I smiled at the memory that popped out in my mind. I inched my face closer to him and placed a kiss on his lips.

"Thank you for saving me again," I whispered, with no intention to wake him up. But, God prepared another plan for me; his eyes were slightly opened.

"Hey, Cupcake, you were awake. How are you feeling?" The worried looks still lingered on his face. I was relieved that he didn't notice that I stole a kiss from him.

"I'm fine, Carlos. I just want to drink some water." I answered him in a low tone as the pain in my throat not really allow me to utter any word.

"You should wake me up. Wait here, I will take it for you." He muttered and in a second he was out of my sight.

"Feeling better?" He asked, caressed my cheek. I leaned towards the headboard.

"How did you found me just now?" I inquired want to know more about it.

"From the notes, I found it in your bag. That wasn't from me. I didn't leave you anything like that." He held my hand and caressed it.

"I realized it at the moment I was locked in the room. I know you wouldn't treat me like that. At first, I thought it was you who wrote to me the notes, so I went there."

"Where did you get the notes?"

"It was placed on the front table. I saw my name on top of the paper and I didn't know it was a trap to lock me in the darkroom. Why would someone treat me like that?" Tears threaten to flow on my face but I hold it. I don't want to cry in front of him again.

"I'm sorry I was late." He cupped my face. "I will find out who did this to you and I will not let that person go. It must be someone from the company." He said with a firm voice.

"Don't feel guilty, Carlos. This is not your fault. Someone is using your name to trap me. I know you will come to me. I know you will help me out from there." The gut feeling was all over his face.

"But I was late; you were locked there for a few hours. I shouldn't leave you alone. If only I know-" I cut him off and placed my index finger on his lips stopping him from blaming himself.

"You still came and that was more than enough for me." I send him a genuine smile. I'm really glad that he saved me.

"What happened?" I asked when I noticed his knuckles were bruised and injured.