Chapter 30: Cupcake, where are you?

Carlos POV

"Carlos, there is a signal from Cassandra." Tristan's voice immediately sends some hope to me. I ran towards him turning my eyes on the screen that he kept monitor with two of his people. "See the red dot, that's the signal from her. She is somewhere around there," he pointed to the red dote that beeping on the map. I noticed the others were standing near us too, looking in the same direction.

"Where is the place?"

"I know this place. My people are thereby that area. Should we call the police, or we just ambush the place?"

"How far is that place from here?"

"Based on the way you will drive to that place in this condition, maybe less than 30 minutes." He was eyeing me, observing my furious state.

"How about you ask your people to help there but no killing involves?" Scarlet questioned, biting her lips nervously.

"I agree. We don't know what happen to her inside." Miguel stated. That was everyone's concern as I believe.

"We need to take extra precaution. It will be better if they keep an eye on the place, so they will not be out of our sight," added Manuel.

"Alright, let's go. Without waiting any longer, I rushed to the door while the rest of them do the same thing.

Tristan was right, less than 30 minutes, we arrived at the place. He gives out an order for us to stop at some hidden spot to avoid any commotion. I was surprised to see his people already surrounded the creepy old building with a gun ready in their hands. It looks like they were ready to ambush the place, just waiting for the last signal from their boss.

"Have you checked how many people inside there?" I heard Tristan talked in a low tone to the earphone that connected to his ear.

"Alright, but no shooting if possible," I heard him reminded them again before leads us the way. Miguel and Scarlet were waiting in the car for a safety reason.

I came closer to the entrance and Tristan giving his signal to his people to start whatever that they have planned earlier. Manuel and I were ready with our own gun too. The building is quite big so we separated into a few directions and search for Cassandra's whereabouts.

The silence is shattered with the sudden gunshot that coming from downstairs. I immediately rushed to the place sensing that they found something. It was an underground room with no lights at all, only the dimmed light from the candle.

The person that standing in front of me was someone that I am really familiar with, "Aria, I knew it was you all this while." A devilish smile immediately climbed onto her face.

"You knew but poor thing, you still can't do anything. You missed the chance to say goodbye to her."

"No! Where is she? Give her back to me!" I seethed, pointing my gun at her but it doesn't scare her at all, instead, she laughed hysterically.

"Please go on, kill me and you will never see her body," she snickered, "if you don't have the courage to do that, I will do it myself," she pressed a knife near her throat.

I lost my control with her threat; the bullet from my gun reached her first before any words escape my lips. The knife on her right hand immediately dropped to the floor with blood oozing from the injured part. Two guys from Tristan's took the chance to catch her.

"Carlos, she is somewhere close. We need to search for this area." Tristan examined his phone's screen. It must be the signal. We didn't waste any time as we search all over the corners.

"Cupcake, where are you?!"

"Cassandra!" The rest of them keep calling for her name too.

My eyes suddenly noticed a small cabinet at the corner. I remembered Cupcake told me that her ex-boyfriend locked her in the cabinet before. My instinct told me that I should open it even though I hope that Aria didn't keep her inside, thinking about the trauma that she will experience again. It will really break her.

My hands were shaking at the moment my eyes caught her unconscious body curled in the small cabinet. Bruises and blood covered her body. It hurts me to see her in that condition.

"Damn it! Cupcake, sorry, it was my fault," with my shaking hands, I lifted her body from the old wooden cabinet.

"You..you're finally here." She smiled but it was too weak to assure me that she was in good condition. I carried her gently in my arms.

"Guys, I found her. We need to rush to the hospital." I heard footsteps coming towards us.

"Oh, God, what had she done to her?" Manuel's voice behind me.

"We should kill that bitch." That was the last sentence that I heard before stepping out from the underground place and it was from Tristan.

I rushed to the car, leaving them to settle the unfinished business there. I believe Tristan knows what to do to that evil lady. If I was clouded by my anger at this moment, I will torture her ten times more than she tortured Cupcake.

She caressed my face on the way to the car. I hauled at the moment I felt the touch of her hand faded away, she passed out.

"Hang on there, Cupcake. You will be okay." I ran to the car shoving all the bad thoughts at the back of my head. "You must be okay." I chanted over and over reassuring myself.

I caught Scarlet stepping out from the car, "please tell me she is okay!" The worries were evident from her voice.

"She will be okay, but we need to take her to the hospital," I gently placed her in the passenger seat to laid her down preventing more pain on her body.

"Scarlet, come." Miguel pulled Scarlet to his car, following my car from behind. I ignored all the red lights and horns of other cars, I don't care about all the fines that I might get for tonight, I can definitely pay for that but not for my Cupcake's life.

After chaotic traffic, we finally arrived at the hospital. I stopped the car in front of the emergency door. I carried her in my arms once again and rushed inside.

"Please help, I need a doctor, someone is injured." The medical staff that was in the sight rushed to us. I laid her down on the stretcher. They immediately rushed her to the emergency room while requested me to wait for her outside the room.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Hello lovely readers,

Just a heads-up, only a few chapters left before we reach the ending! Hopefully, I will have enough time to update it tomorrow.

At this point, I really need some feedback on this book. Appreciate it if you could drop your thought.

Thank you for your time.

Till next chapter! :-)