Chapter 8: I existed for you

Cassandra POV

"I'm so mad at you, Scarlet. Why did you do that?"

"I didn't know about the consequence. I thought it will not be a problem if we just used his name. You are not writing about his life story anyway. Just the name and some background were the same." She explained. I don't really blame her. She didn't know about this.

"How did you find out about him?"

"From one of the magazines that customer left at the cafe. I saw his picture on the cover of the magazine and his name was a good name to be in your book."

"Yeah, too good and it caused me trouble now."

"He should be grateful that you used his name in your book." I rolled my eyes at her remark.

"Really, Scarlet?" She giggled at my reaction.

"What did Mr. James said about this?" I sighed while recalled the conversation with my boss after the arrogant guy left me in the meeting room. He just kissed my forehead and left me bewildered.

"He can't help me. He begged me to work with that arrogant man so that company didn't need to pay for the fine. Plus, it will ruin the reputation of the company if the media found out about this. I don't want that to happen. I will feel bad for the rest of my life if that really happens."

"I'm so sorry," She hugged me on the couch. I know she really feels guilty about this.

"It's okay, you didn't do this on purpose. I'm not angry at you." I said being honest. I will never get angry with her. She was the only person that I have in my life. She saved me from the cruel world, from my past, and the loneliness.

"What are you planning to do now?" We pulled away from each other.

"I think the best way is to work with him. I don't have another choice." I shrugged.

"Babe, I think he planned all of this."

"Why? I can't give him anything. I don't have money. Even if I have the money, he doesn't need it anyway, he is one of the richest guys in the world. He is just some crazy guy." I spat, boiled with anger.

"Calm down, babe." She laughed at me. "I think he liked you that was why he came out with all this plan."

I laughed historically at her statement until my stomach hurt. She slightly slapped my arm to stop my laughter.

"You will laugh for now but when you found out the truth I bet you wouldn't laugh like this." She snickered.

"You are nonsense," I said.

"Well, let's see about that." She said, full of confidence.

"That will never happen. He is just some rich brat that wanted to play with me. Too bored with his life, I guess."

"Never say never, babe."

After a few days

"Hmm, hello, can I speak to Mr. Gonzales?" I talked to the person over the line. I got this number from Mr. James.

"I miss your voice, Cupcake." The familiar voice over the line made my heartbeat accelerated. I wondered why he always turned me like this.

"I-I thought this is your assistant's number." I expressed my thought.

"I gave Mr. James my assistant number but I asked him to give you my personal number." He spilled out the truth.

"Why?" I don't even know why I bother to ask that.

"Because I want you to talk to me, not to my assistant." He said with a firm answer.

"Hmm, okay." I don't know what to say.

"Why did you call me? Missed me?" I could hear his chuckles which caused me to roll my eyes while thinking about his face.

"Not as you wish," I stopped his thought.

"It's okay. I can wait for that. Now, tell me." I kept silent for a while thinking of a way to start the topic but I felt my voice stuck in my throat.

"I'm listening, Cupcake." He said on the line. I imagined him placing the phone near his ear with a cunning smile on his lips. He knew exactly why I called him.

"About the conversation that we had before in the meeting room," I paused waiting for his reaction and he hummed motioning me to continue. "I chose the first choice," I finally said it out, feeling defeated.

"And what was that?" I'm sure he suppressed his laughter at this moment. I balled my fist, pissed off.

"You knew it." I spat.

"I have many things to remember, Cupcake. I can't recall it right now. Maybe you could save time and tell me directly what is that about?" Huh, this man. I never thought he will be this annoying.

"To work with you. Are you satisfied now? Happy? Proud?" I'm suddenly having my outburst. He laughed at my sentence. 

"Calm down, Cupcake. We will have a long way with each other."

"I won't be like this if it wasn't because of you."

"I'm glad I have so much effect on you."

"Uhh, why on earth you exist? You are super-duper annoying."

"I existed for you, Cupcake."

"You are crazy!" I scolded but earned a chuckle from him. This man was beyond crazy.

"Because of you."

"Can you stop talking?"

"I can't, Cupcake. You made me want to talk more."

"I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"Fine, I give up."

"Don't give up on me."

"Just do whatever you want."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. Mr. Carlos Gonzales."

"It is Carlos, Cupcake. Carlos for you."

"Whatever."

"I will be there the day after tomorrow. Pack your luggage and I will pick you up with my private jet."

"No way, that is too fast. Give me some time to prepare."

I heard him sighed, "Alright, two days," he continued.

"No, one week."

"Hell, no. I've had wait enough." His voice rose.

"Five days."

"No, two days."

"No, that can't be. Four days?" I tried to bargain.

"I said, two days." He repeated

"No, I need more time. Three days," and I tried again.

"Cupcake, I don't like to repeat myself."

"Do you want to know something?" I asked losing my patience with this guy. "You are the person that I hate the most and I regret using your name in my book," I said feeling angry.

"You are going to pay for your words, Cupcake."

I ended the call without responding to him. I was pissed off.

After a moment, I received a text on my phone. I clicked on it and read it.

'You will fall for me eventually. Mark my words.

-Your real hero

C.G.'

My mind suddenly remembered something; the napkin.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤