Chapter 10: Don't call me Cupcake

Cassandra POV

There was a car waiting for us when we arrived. The driver took us to the penthouse. It was huge and breathtaking. Living here will be nice, I muttered to myself but I immediately changed my mind once I learned that the penthouse belongs to the arrogant man; Carlos Gonzales.

"No, I'm not going to stay here." I protested.

"Just stay here for now until Carlos comes back from work. You can talk to him about this later. Plus, you were on the plane for a few hours." His words make sense. I don't have another place to go to in this new city and I have no one here.

"Ok, when he will be back?" I asked not that I can't wait to meet him but I really want to sort things out with him, about the place that I'm going to stay, the work and everything in this new city.

"He is busy with meeting today. He will be back once finished the meeting. I think he can't wait to meet you." He teased me while I just rolled my eyes. He laughed at my action. I loved talking to him; he looks more fun compared to the grumpy Carlos.

Carlos POV

"Where is she?" I asked at the moment I saw Miguel stepped into my office.

"As you requested, I sent her to your penthouse."

"And she didn't argue about that?" It will be a surprise if she didn't refuse to stay at my place.

"She did but I asked her to wait for you there. I'm not in the place to say anything." I stopped my work and off my desktop. I want to meet her.

"Hey, listen. I need to talk to you about something." Miguel said, causing me to stop my action. His voice sounds like there is something that I need to be concern about. I'm worried something happens to my Cupcake.

"What is it?" I urged him. He made me start having bad thoughts.

"Don't go too harsh on her. She is not in the right mood. She feels sad about leaving the city and her best friend. She cried on the plane just now. This is not a small thing for her. Just be easy on her." I feel something pinned to my heart. I didn't know it will make her feel sad to leave the city.

"I know. Thanks for letting me know. I will take care of her. That's my job anyway." I said, patting his shoulder as a gesture that I know what to do.

I arrived home and saw that it almost reached 11 o'clock at night. I bought some food for her with her favorite cupcakes, thinking that it might make her feel better. I entered the house silently and I smiled when I saw her shoes near the door. The house suddenly feels warm as if someone is waiting for me to return home.

"Cupcake, I'm back," I called for her but I didn't hear anything. I put my briefcase and the dinner that I bought earlier on the table. I walked to the living room, but she wasn't there and not in the kitchen too.

"Cupcake, where are you?" I called her again, a bit louder this time.

I went to the study room while looking at the surrounding.

"Cup-" I stopped when I saw a figure lying on the couch in the study room. She dressed in black jeans with a white top that shows her small figure. Some of her hair was covering her face, and she hugged the book to her chest. She fell asleep while reading the book, how cute is that. I smiled observing her.

"Here you are," I whispered. I took my phone from my pocket and secretly snapped her picture. I smiled at the picture. I tugged her stranded hair behind her ears to allow me to look at her face clearly.

"I missed you." I kissed her forehead. I decided to wake her up for the dinner.

"Cupcake, I bought dinner for you. Come, wake up. You must be hungry. You can't sleep with an empty stomach." I said, caressed her cheek. She pushed my hand away from her but her eyes remained closed.