Chapter 32: Carlos Gonzales, come back here!

Cassandra POV

"Carlos Gonzales, come back here!" I raised my voice and begged him. He ignored me and closed the door behind making me gasped with his action.

It was a joke but he took it seriously. I forget that I have one grumpy boyfriend with zero sense of humor.

'How could he just leave me here alone? Man and their empty promise.'

I rolled my eyes and rested my back on the headboard. My eyes kept looking at the door, hoping that he might pop out again.

'Ok, you're so stupid, Cassandra. You chased him out and now you wait for him to come back!'

I cursed at my own stupidness. Giving up, I adjusted my head on the pillow and turned my back making it facing the door. I closed my eyes and tried to forget about the fact that I was alone in the room. Loneliness hit me.

I squealed at the time I felt a pair of hands on my waist a kiss landed on my cheek. My heartbeat accelerated with the action and quickly turned my head to look at the person.

"I thought you are gone." A smile immediately finds its way to my face.

He gave me a quick kiss on my lips, his untrimmed beard brushed onto my skin, "I know you will miss me, so I decided to come back," he said while caressing my face with his beard.

"You left," I said with a sullen voice but my hands can't stop touching his face.

"You asked me to."

"I'm just kidding," I pouted, noticing the chuckle that escaped his mouth.

"I know," he chuckled, "at least, I didn't come back with an empty hand."

"What is that?" I slightly looked over his shoulder, gazing at the paper bag.

"Your favorite," he said, sitting up on the bed. His action made me feel distanced, before he could go far, I grabbed him and pulled him towards me.

"This is my favorite," I don't know what gets into my head that turned me into a clingy girlfriend. He seems to enjoy it at the same time, judging from the way he laughed in my embrace.

"You just kicked me out a few minutes ago and now I am your favorite?"

"I forget that I have a grumpy boyfriend." Giggling, I loosen the grip on him but still remained the close distance between us.

With his narrowed eyes, he asked, "grumpy?"

"Yeah, grumpy boyfriend," I pinched his cheeks, treated him like a little boy. I laughed at the moment he rolled his eyes.

"Can we eat now, I'm famished and I need something sweet now." I sat on the bed. He took the paper bag and revealed its content. I saw my favorite; the cupcake. Oh, should be the second favorite by now.

"Here, for you."

"You treat me so nice; I wonder how I can live without you." I fluttered.

"Don't worry about that, I don't have any plan to let you live without me. I will haunt you even I become a ghost."

"Is that considered a romance or horror genre?"

He raised his brow, "my way of romance," he added with his smug face.

"Weird grumpy boyfriend," I murmured with a low tone.

"Uh-uh, I heard that."

I ignored him and took a bit of the cupcake that filled with chocolate chips. A moan escaped my lips as the taste was really great.