Chapter 12: Are you jealous, Cupcake?

Carlos POV

"I will be sitting here?" She asked, pointing at the empty desk across mine.

"Yes, this is your place. You don't like it? You want your own room?" I asked, being concern about her needs.

"No, it's not like that," she shook her head. "Why I'm not sitting outside with the rest of the staff? Why am I here, with you, in this room? And why did your personal assistant not sitting here too?" She is too innocent; I didn't know why she still didn't notice the special place that she holds in my heart.

"Because-"

"Because you want it to be like this?" She copied my statement from this morning which caused me to chuckle.

"Yes, clever girl," I patted her head but she immediately slapped my hand away.

Our conversation was interrupted by the knocking sound on the door. I shifted to my own desk ready to get back to work.

"Come in," I said firmly and my assistant, Aria walked in with a file in her hand.

Cassandra POV

I saw his assistant walked in with her sexy figure and a file in her hand. She talked to Carlos about some business issues. I observed his facial expression when he was talking with her. He is way too serious but I could feel something from Aria.

She tried to flirt with him. The way she talked and looked at him shows something else. She liked him and it was too obvious. No wonder,  she greeted me with an annoyed face earlier.

I stood up and went to the ladies' room but paused when Carlos called me.

"Cupcake, where are you going?" He asked, looking my way.

"Ladies' room," I answered before closing the door behind.

I looked in the mirror fixing my hair. I make it into a bun so it will not bother me when I'm doing my job. The door suddenly flunked opened and I look at the person that enters.

"Hi," I greeted but unexpectedly earned a death glare from her; the personal assistant, Aria. An arrogant boss with an arrogant assistant, what a match. I mumbled in my heart.

"Where are you graduated from and what are you studied?" She suddenly threw me a question. She looked in the mirror fixing her heavy makeup.

"Why?" I asked back as I sensed that there was a hidden meaning behind her question.

"You don't look like someone from high society and the clothes that you are wearing, it is brand less." She snickered and I swear it made me want to smash her face in the mirror.

"Well, at least I'm not fake. Not covering my face with too much makeup. It looks like plastic and even blind people could tell that it's fake." I spat and leaving her in the ladies' room.

"You bitch!" I could hear her scream but I ignored her. I stormed furiously to the office room and Carlos looked at me in shock. I stood in front of his desk.

"What is your relationship with that assistant?" I asked so I know where I stand.

"You mean, Aria?" He asked.

"Yes, who else other than her."

"What happened to you? What is going on with the sudden outburst?" He asked, coming closer to me.

"Nothing, just answer me." I urged.

"I told you, she is my assistant. Why?"

"Great!" I was over satisfied with the answer.