Chapter 11: I don't like you

Cassandra POV

I chose short pants and a beige t-shirt for today. I make my hair in a messy bun. I moved to the kitchen looking for food as my stomach was growling.  I just remember that I didn't have my dinner last night and I fell asleep on the couch while reading in his study room.

I saw him in the kitchen preparing something.

"What are you doing?" I asked making him turned in my direction. I took a sit on the stool near the kitchen bar and looking at him preparing food.

"Breakfast for you," he said placing the sandwich on a plate and handed it to me. I took it anyway.

"I want-" I wanted to tell him that I want my favorite cupcake.

"I know what you want, Cupcake." He cut me off and took out something from the fridge.

"Where do you get this?" I was surprised.

"I bought it last night. I tried to wake you up but you didn't want to, so I keep it for today. I hope it's still edible." I suddenly found him cute.

"It must be," I said snatching one of the cupcakes from his hand. He shook his head due to my action and I saw a smile crept on his face.

"Hmm, this is good," I munched on the cupcake and moaned due to the taste. It wasn't made by Scarlet but still, I have the habit to eat cupcakes almost every day.

"That good?" He asked while rested his hand on the kitchen bar looking at me with amused eyes.

"Yeah, you should try it too. I love cupcakes."

"I love Cupcake, too." He said in a low tone.

"Which cupcake?" And I asked the silly question without thinking much which caused him to laugh afterward.

"You really want to know?" He raised his brow in a teasing way.

"No, forget about that," I said knowing what he meant. He chuckled.

"You still need to eat some healthy breakfast," he said and sat beside me.

"Okay, I will eat that but before that, we need to talk," I said taking the second cupcake.

"Speak," he started to eat his sandwich too while I was munching on my second cupcake.

"About my room. Why I need to stay here with you?"

"I told you, this is what I want and it is necessary."

"Why?"

"Because you will work as my personal assistant and I need you all the time. If I have an urgent meeting that I need to attend, you need to come along regardless of the time."

"You don't have any personal assistant before?"

"Yes, I did and I still have one in the office."

"Then why you still need me as your personal assistant and why she doesn't sleep here?"

"She is my personal assistant that handles my work schedule but you, Cupcake are my personal assistant that handles my private life. Are you clear?" I scrunched my brows tried to digest his words.

"What are you talking about? You made me confuse." I said getting blurred but unexpectedly earned laughter from him. I mean, he really laughed from his heart till he clutched his stomach. What is wrong with this guy? We were talking about something serious but he just laughed. That was rude.

"Why are you laughing? We are talking about something serious and you are laughing."

"Your face looks so cute like that." He confessed and made me slapped his arm.