Chapter 28: The jealous Cupcake

Cassandra POV

"Ouch, Carlos," I turned my eyes to look at himself and immediately noticing his knitted brows.

"What is that for?"

"I should ask you instead of answering it." He cocked his head slightly to one side and rested her head on his palm with his raised brow, waiting for my response.

"I thought we have passed this. Now, tell me Cupcake, what bothers you?"

"Carlos, do you have trust in me?"

Instead of giving me an answer which I expect from him, he laughed as if I just told him a funny joke.

"What kind of question is that, Cupcake? I refuse to answer that since I expect you to know the answer." A smug smile on his face didn't go unnoticed.

"What do you want to tell me actually?"

"I think I know the culprit behind the darkroom incident." I noticed the change in his face.

"Spill it out."

"It's Aria."

"Aria, my secretary?"

I don't know why but the way he mentioned 'my' made me rolled my eyes annoyingly.

"Yeah, it's yours." I mocked.

"Where did you get the information?"

"I didn't get it from anywhere, but she told me," I looked around, in case someone eavesdrops on us since we were in the restaurant before I decided to finish my sentence, "not indirectly, but she mentioned the incident while you confirmed that no one in the company knows about that."

"But that is impossible, Cupcake. Why will she do something like that to you?"

I won't deny the fact that I was upset with the way he defended her secretary. "You said you trust me," I retorted, pressing my folded arms on my chest.

"Yeah, I did say so but for this issue, we will need more than this. We need to have proof. I believe you don't want to put the blame on the wrong person too." Everything that he said right now sounded like he was defending that Skeleton and it made me annoyed or maybe jealous.

"Whatever, I'm done talking." I diverted my attention to the plate with steak in front of me but it was useless since my appetite vanished.

His hands quickly find mine on the table and caressed it but I immediately pulled it away, rejecting any skin contact with him.

"Cupcake, I'm sorry."

"You don't have to. I don't have any appetite. Since lunchtime almost end, I think we better get going," I stood away from my place and strode out from the restaurant, leaving him behind catching my steps after settled the bill.

After two days

"Cupcake, don't behave like this. I will be away for a few hours only and I don't think you would like to come with me."

I pressed my crossed arms over my chest with my back facing him.

"Yeah, yeah, I don't want to come with you, and why only a few hours? You can go for a few days or even weeks. I will be really great about that," I was fuming with anger.

"I love this jealous Cupcake. You look so cute like this," He pulled me out of sudden and made me sat on his lap.

"Excuse me, you're so full of yourself. I'm not jealous."

"Then what is this?" He grabbed my chin and forced me to have my eyes on him.

"Why did you bring that skeleton with you?" I know I sound like a jealous girlfriend but I don't give heed to that. He was really enjoying the moment as his face covered with an endless smile.

"You said earlier you're not jealous," he filled my ears with his chuckles but I doubt it was the right time, "she is my secretary, Cupcake. I don't see anything wrong about that and you refuse to come with me," he continued with his fingers stroking my hairs.

I pouted while letting my hands playing with his tie, couldn't agree more with his remarks.

"It's not that I don't want to come with you but look at my outfit, Carlos. I'm in my casual dress. I don't want to be the reason they say something bad about you and this company. I don't want to ruin your reputation." Skeleton's word about I'm ruining Carlos's name disturbed my mind.

"Who cares about that?"

"I care, Carlos," I exclaimed.

"Okay, if you are scared to be alone here, let me accompany you to Miguel's office so that you can stay with Scarlet while I'm out of the office?" Miguel's office situated beside the building. Each of them has their office in a specific building which was in the same compound.

"Hmm okay, but please come back faster."

"You were giving me the order as my personal assistant or girlfriend?" I noticed the smug smile on his face which shows how much he enjoyed my jealously.

"Both."

"Roger that, Cupcake." He said with the gesture of a soldier receiving commands.

A knock on the door made me quickly jumped from his lap. I shouldn't let anyone saw us in any intimate situation. I huffed silently when I noticed the person that standing near the door; the last person that I want to see on the earth.

"Boss, the car is ready downstairs." She said with her so-called secretary tone.

"Alright, I will be there in minutes. You can wait for me downstairs." Carlos replied, getting ready with his suit.

"Let me send you to Miguel's place first."

"No, don't worry, I can go there myself."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, don't worry about that."

He pecked my forehead before leaving the room. I didn't go to meet Scarlet as I don't see any harm around me. The one that has the intention to harm me is gone with my boyfriend.

"Miss J, please go away." I sighed, tried to erase the jealousy.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤