Chapter 13: I'm craving

After seven months

Carlos POV

"Cupcake, what's wrong with you? Why don't you come down for dinner?" I moved closer to her which was lying on her bed. She curled herself on the bed while her hand pressing on her stomach.

"Hey, what's wrong with you?" I asked again noticing her face was pale.

"Stomach pain," she answered in a weak voice.

"What happened? Is it because of gastric pain? Come, let's eat something." I pulled her up but she pushed away my hand.

"I don't want to eat. I don't have any appetite. Can you make me hot chocolate?" She requested with her puppy eyes on me.

"Hot chocolate?" I thought I heard it wrong, but she brushed away my doubt with a weak nod.

"Sure, wait here for a while." I rushed to the kitchen and make her hot chocolate. What is the deal with this weird craving? I came to the room and placed the cup on the nightstand. I make her leaned on the headboard.

"Here, careful, it's hot." I handed her the cup. She blew it first before gulp it.

"I finished my medicine last month and I forgot to buy new medicine," she suddenly spoke.

"What medicine?"

"For women." She answered and I noticed she blushed.

"For pregnancy?" That was the only thing that I can think of. Her laughter echoed the room.

"Don't make me laugh," she clutched her stomach. I scratched the back of my head, awkwardness hit me.

"Ok, easy. Tell me what medicine you need. I will get it for you," I plopped beside her on the bed.

"For menstrual." She gave me a quick glance before looking away.

"Oh, that. What pill that you need? I will get it for you. Or should I bring you to the doctor?" I'm worried about her. I don't know how to deal with anyone having a period. Never deal with any of it before.

"Just any medicine will do or any pain killer." She lay down on the bed getting weak.

"Okay, I will be back, soon. Wait for me here. Call me if anything happens, okay?" I stood up from the bed and covered her body with the duvet. She nodded without uttering any word.

On my way out to the pharmacy, I searched for her best friend number that I saved on my phone.

"Hello, Scarlet," I greeted once the line was connected.

"Hello, Carlos."

"I need your help. It's about Cupcake-I mean Cassandra." I almost slap my forehead, getting used to the nickname that I always called her.

"What's wrong with her?"

"She is having period pain. What should I do? Does she have any specific medicine that she needs for this?"

"Any medicine for the period pain will do. Don't worry, she will be better after taking the medicine," she informed, sounds like it wasn't a big deal.

"Hopefully. I'm outside right now, I need to rush home. I will talk to you next time," my mind can't stop thinking about Cupcake at home.

"Carlos, just to warn you in advance, don't freak out if she behaves strangely during these few days."

"Strange?"

"Yeah, like craving for something." Hot chocolate instantly popped up in my head.

"Oh, that was the reason, she just craving hot chocolate."