Chapter 35: Don't try to distract me

Cassandra POV

My mind kept thinking about all my activities with Carlos for the last few weeks. I really saw his effort to make me forget my awful past. Just as he promised, he wanted to create many memories with me and turn my scary thought about the darkness into something beautiful.

I was brought back to reality with a quick peck on my lips. I looked at him with my eyes double its size. He sat on the edge of my desk with a smirk on his face.

"Carlos, what are you doing? Are you aware that we are in the office now? What if someone suddenly walks in and saw what you did just now? The words will spread all over the company," I said everything in one breath, furious with what just happened.

"You're blushing, how cute is that."

"Say the one who caused the trouble." He laughed at my sentence. I touched my face with my palms as if it can help to change my face color back to normal.

"I called you a few times but you were daydreaming. What are you thinking about?" He pinched my cheek.

"I want to talk to you about something." I held his hand in mine.

"Say it."

"Hmm, maybe we should talk about it later at home." I changed my mind, not comfortable discussing it at the workplace.

"Cupcake, just say it. Don't make me keep thinking about it for the whole day." Hearing his words made me smile instantly.

"Are you saying that you will keep thinking about me if I don't tell you now?" I pushed my chair closer to him and rested my chin on his lap, gazing at him with a teasing smile on my face.

"Don't try to distract me." He warned me, aware of my tactic.

"Who? Me? I didn't do anything," I faked my innocent facial expression. His next action surprised me. He lifted me up from the chair and made me seated on the desk. In a blink of eyes, he was in between my legs.

"Carlos, what are you doing?" I turned to look at the door, worried if someone will walk in and get the wrong idea about us. I tried to push him over so that I could move from the desk, but he wouldn't allow me. He placed his strong hands on each side of me.

"Don't move," with his strong arm, he pushed my upper body and made my back meet the surface of the desk. My heartbeat exhilarated with his action. He narrowed his eyes while preying on me, sending a sign of a challenge.

"Enough of you teasing me now will be my turn, Cupcake."

"But, Carlos-" My sentence was disturbed by the knock on the door. I quickly snapped my head in the direction and sat on the desk. He didn't budge even a bit, remained in the same position.

"Carlos, someone is on the door. Move aside." I reminded him; in case he didn't realize that but the truth was he preferred to ignore it.

"Come back later, we are busy right now!" He seethed to the person outside. I looked at him with disbelief. He still caged me with both hands on the desk. The smug smile on his face still hasn't disappeared.

"Carlos, you're crazy."

"Yes, I am and I wonder who starts it first." He moved his face closer to mine and I know what he plans to do. Before that happen, I placed my palm on his lips.

"Ok, ok. I will tell you everything."

"I'm listening."

"Before that, can you move aside first? I can't talk properly in this position."

"Ok, but let me remind you first, I will do something extreme than this if you try to escape again."

"Ok, madman." I rolled my eyes at his warning. Deep down, I really believe that he will do as he said. I don't dare to take the risk. He moved aside and I quickly jumped from the desk. I tidied my shirt that looked messy. I wondered what people will think about me if they saw my condition now.

"Don't bother," he looks at me up and down, "I guess the whole floor already talking about our little business earlier." I could see that he was proud of what he did.

"I wish I could kick your ass right now."

"Oh, really? You will need it in the future, so I don't think you will do that."

"Uh, you're so annoying."

"Now, back to our topic. What do you want to tell me?"

"I keep thinking about your suggestion and I think I will go for it."

"Suggestion? About what?" His face was clearly confused.

"About the psychiatrist treatment. I'm ready."

"Cupcake, I didn't hear it wrongly, right? You agree to go for the treatment?" His confused face was replaced with a surprised face. I nodded, convincing him with a smile on my face.

"I'm happy, Cupcake. Thank you," he pulled me in for a hug and I rested my head on his chest.

"Why should you thank me? I'm the one who should say that. Thank you, Carlos. You really help me a lot during this time. You never leave me alone and I can see your effort to fulfill your promise. I'm glad you're with me during this time." I wrapped my hands on his hip, hugging him tightly.

"I will do whatever I can, Cupcake. I won't leave you alone." He kissed my head.

"Will you continue to create sweet memory with me when I start the treatment?" I pulled away, anticipated his answer.

"That's our thing now, Cupcake. It won't stop there, more will come, I promise."

"I know you will." I tiptoe to place a kiss on his cheek showing him how much I appreciate him in my life.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤