Chapter 12

*So we're gonna go into a little flashback here*
.
Flashback part 1
.
It was Ethan's birthday, you decided to throw him a surprise party.. you had done all the preparations, the party was at your place..Maia and Bailey (your best friends since second grade) helped you do the arrangements. Everything was going very smoothly..
.
.
Everyone was there, you were all hiding, waiting for Ethan to show up. You had told him that the two of you would spend the day cuddling and watching movies.. he seemed okay with it..
You were wearing a gorgeous black dress, black is so your colour, you looked amazing.

Everyone looked excited as they heard Ethan come up the stairs.

"SURPRISE" all of you shouted together..

He looked scared for a second, then relaxed, and then laughed.. what a beautiful boy, you thought. Even though the "love" between the two of you was certainly dying, there was still something about him that made you care for him.. you weren't sure what it was but it was still there.. Otherwise being with him was nothing more than a social status. Everyone pretty much knew how doomed your relationship was but none of you wanted to make it obvious just yet.
.
.
The party was going pretty well, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves..

"Did Ethan like your surprise?" Maia asked.
"Yeah, he did seem happy, so I guess he might've liked it" you said, Maia didn't sound convinced.
"Hmm, where is the birthday boy anyway?" She asked
You looked around, "I've barely seen him all night. I have no idea where he is".
.
.
One of Ethan's best friends, Josh , had brought a date with him. That boy, Eric, instantly became the life of the party, even though he barely knew anyone, everyone seemed so comfortable around him, he radiated a very peaceful aura, there was something very interesting about him. You both said hi to each other and that was that.. you didn't think you'd ever meet each other again..
.
.
"Y/n!" Someone called you.
You turned around to see one of your batchmates, you didn't know her name but she was a very sweet girl.
"Hey, glad to see you made it!" You said
"There's something I need to tell you but I'm not sure if I should, my conscience says that I should tell you before it's too late. You're so nice, I mean, it would break my heart to see you get hurt" she said, panic audible in her voice.
"What is it? Are you alright?" You asked her, clearly worried.
"I'm just gonna say it okay? Umm, well, I saw your boyfriend making out with a girl" she just blurted it out.
You took 30 seconds to process what she just said..
You were still silent, she was just looking at you.
"I know I shouldn't have said it, I'm such an idiot, I'm so sorry y/n but you're so pure and so good that I can't see anyone hurting you. I know we haven't really interacted but you're one of the best people I've ever met." She started speaking so fast but your head was aching.
"Where did you see them?" You asked her, in a small voice.
"Do you want me to take you there?" She asked
"Please" you said
.
.
She guided you to the place, and sure enough, there was your boyfriend passionately making out with some girl. It had been ages since he kissed you THAT passionately. He wasn't the only one who had fallen out of love, you too did, but you weren't sucking someone else's face off.
But that wasn't what hurt you so much.. what did actually break your heart that day was looking at the girl he was making out with.
How could she...
.
.

Please vote and comment!!