chapter three

JACKIE AWOKE THE next morning with a ferocious headache and a prominent shroud of shame around her head

....JACKIE AWOKE THE next morning with a ferocious headache and a prominent shroud of shame around her head. Had it really only taken a few Butterbeers to convince herself that it was a good idea to kiss Theodore Nott of all people? She buried her face in her pillow and groaned, deciding that if she pushed it all to the back of her mind, it would be like it had never even happened.

She pulled herself out of bed to find the curtains of Benny and Cordelia's beds pulled shut which indicated that they were still asleep. Elizabeth, the morning person that she was, was up and dressed and currently pulling strands of her golden hair away from her face.

"Mornin' Lizzie." Jackie grumbled, wrapping her arms around the girl's shoulders, and looking at their reflections in the mirror. "I liked how you handled Malfoy last night." Jackie gloated, shooting her a proud grin from the place where her head was resting in the crook of Elizabeth's neck.

"He's a git. An engaged git. Narcissa would butcher me on the dungeon floor if I stole her marriage prospects." Elizabeth replied.

Jackie let out a little giggle and ruffled the blonde's perfect hair, earning herself a smack on the hand. "I wouldn't let Narcissa touch you. If you were stupid enough to steal her revolting marriage prospects, I would be forced to do the butchering myself."

Hinting that Lizzie would ever be mad enough to marry Lucius Malfoy got her a slap on the back on the head this time and with a smug little smirk playing on her lips, she shuffled her way into the bathroom in an effort to dull the look of death that had overtaken her face this morning.

———————————

Within the hour the girls were downstairs and sitting at their spot at the end of the Slytherin table for their breakfast. "I've got Potions first thing this morning. Seriously on a Monday morning? Just my luck." groaned Cordelia, as she read her timetable over her porridge.

"I have it too." replied Jackie, stabbing a piece of bacon with her fork.

"Sit next to me Jac please, you know how Slughorn hates me." Cordelia pleaded. Jackie turned to nod in reply to Cordelia's request when she caught the sight of Benny's worried face beside her.