page 1

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Title: Start

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

"Okay idiots we have a mission given to us from the capital."

This is what captain Yami had stated as he entered the room, papers in hand and a cigarette between his lips, blowing it's continuous smoke.

"C'MERE LUCK AND TASTE MY FLAME YOU LITTLE THIEF!!!"

"Haha! Catch me if you can Magna" sang a short lightning wielding blonde.

An even shorter Charmy was sitting at the table on a chair, stuffing her face with food that her sheep cooks kept coming. Along with Vanessa who was stuffing her face with booze.

Accompanying them at the table were the rest of the squad; Asta, Noelle, Grey, Finral and Gauche, whom were doing their own things or watching Luck and Magna fight out their daily squabble.

As the chaos ensued around, you simply sat on a chair in the middle of broken apart room, sipping a cup of tea and reading a book. The chair had once been accompanied by a small table which now had half of it in shambles, but being as you were comfortable and in the middle of reading you refused to move.

Siiiiip.

Yami who had entered the room moments ago to give his announcement was paid no mind to anyone. His face drew an annoyed blank at this.

"...STOP DESTROYING EVERYTHING!!"
Boomed the captain as he punched the nearest wall, which he of course, destroyed.

Sighing, you gently placed your teacup and book on the half destroyed table and looked up at the captain which everyone now had their eyes on.

"Good" coughed the captain, clearing his throat.

"Now that I have your attention, we have a mission given to us by the capital. This mission will take a few days, maybe longer depending on your diligence. You'll be collecting intel from various cities around the kingdom. Apparently there's some scummy black market stuff going on blah blah blah you can read the mission statement yourself" Yami finally concluded.

There was a brief pause at this and suddenly everyone exploded.

"Oh oh let me go Captain Yami LET ME GOOO!!" Exclaimed an overly enthusiastic Asta.

"W-Well if he goes then I should go too! Someone needs to watch this stupid muscle head" huffed a face flushed Noelle.

"Will there we yummy fooOod?~" inquired a still eating Charmy.

"Or any booze?" Drunk Vanessa added.

"Oh let me go Captain!! There's sure to be powerful people I can battle to the death" said Luck, punching the air as electricity sparked off his excited body.

Yami, who was blowing smoke out of his mouth interrupted before anyone else could ask, "Shutup idiots I've already picked who's going."

His statement was met with various groans and curious glances. Yami milked the anticipation a bit before he finally delivered the answer to the question everyone was thinking. Slowly he rose a single finger, hovering it at everyone for a few brief seconds before it stopped and rested on you.

"You." He stated bluntly.

"..Huh?" You slowly let out in bewilderment.

"Y/n probably has the most brains between all of you morons and as this mission depends on the ability to blend in, be stealthy and have actual normal human interaction skills,
Y/n makes the most sense to send." The captain continued.

The others let out mumbles of agreement. You hadn't been with the Black Bulls long, having joined a few months ago. You usually kept to yourself and were always found reading.

Although you weren't rude to anyone, you could keep a casual polite conversation but you also hadn't really become particularly close with your squad mates. Along with that, you were usually sent on solo missions and always politely declined Luck's demands to spar. Which in turn he always groaned at, so no one had even ever seen you in action with your grimoire before. Although it was plainly obvious from your mana aura that you were a pretty formidable person.

You sighed and stood from your chair, giving your captain a salute and a nod, "Sir."

"Oh and you're taking that one with you" Yami added, pointing to Luck.

Luck smiled wildly at this, punching the air, "Yay!! I get to beat people to a pulp!"

You blinked at this information. You had always attended missions solely by yourself, it was what made you work better, it gave you that boost of freedom you needed.

"Sir?" You inquired to Yami, raising an eyebrow.

You didn't see the point in having the crazy Luck Volta tag along with you on this mission. Yami has said it himself, this mission called for someone stealthy, level headed, and with people skills, all of which Luck didn't have.

Yami returned your look, seemingly reading your mind and let out a sigh, "He's powerful, and this mission can get dangerous. I know you prefer solo missions but it would be safer to take the crazy with you."

Luck was busy doing a victory dance but piped up at Yami's words.

Yami gave Luck a look and then stated, pointing a finger at you, "She's in charge, do as she says."

"Whaaaa? But I'm her senior!" Luck whined.

Yami placed an iron grip on Luck's head, squeezing it as his eyes deadpanned, "Well yeah, but she's sane." Letting go of Luck and looking at both of you he handed you the mission statement papers.

"You head out in an hour, pack your things."

With that, the captain left. Everyone else had already turned their attention to other things so it was just you and Luck standing side by side as you leafed over the papers. Luck turned to you smiling,

"This is gonna be fun huh Y/n? Our first mission together!"

"Make no mistake Voltia, as Yami said, I'm in charge so try not to get in the way too much" you responded bluntly, walking off in the direction of your room.

"Get packed, I'll meet you back here in an hour" you called.

And with that, you left Luck to get ready for your mission.

_________________

author's note:

I'm really looking forward to this story, I have a lot of cute moments in mind for my fellow Luck lovers. But I do have many stories with other beloved characters planned for the future so stay tuned for this story in part two of "mission!" Luck × Reader
☆ヾ(-∀・)*+